• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API/ Primary Tutoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman

If anyone has an interest, I tutor API students individually and in groups. I'm a recent API Instructor (Retired May 2010) so I have the background to help you understand the concepts and can provide a thorough review.
Can also prep you for T-34 systems, sims, EP's and fly events.

Spoonman

Tutoring for Aero/Engines

If anyone is interested...I tutor Aero & Engines. Recent API Instructor, now retired. Individuals, study groups, or your entire class. Can't guarantee a 100% but will give an excellent review and prep. xxx-xxx-xxxx

MD2NZ

pilot
If anyone is interested...I tutor Aero & Engines. Recent API Instructor, now retired. Individuals, study groups, or your entire class. Can't guarantee a 100% but will give an excellent review and prep. ***-***-****

Wow....are you charging for that service? Former API instructor myself and couldn't see taking cash to pass any of my corporate knowledge.

API is the first post commissioning shit screen for aviation. Big picture is to:

-See if students can handle the pressure of learning complicated material in a time compressed syllabus.

-Build a knowledge base for future training.

More often than not, it's used to screen potential.

Studs: study hard solo and in groups. 5 hours on weekdays, 8 hours weekends (50 minutes on..10 minutes off, stop studying 1 hour prior to sleeping). Put your dream to be a military aviator first (ditch distractions), and give it your all. You don't need a retired tutor, just a good work ethic and solid teamwork with your classmates.

-MD2NZ

Spoonman

There is absolutely no substitute for hard work and good study habits. Period. However, who in college hesitated to get a tutor when they had a difficult time in Calc. or Physics? You'd have no qualms about getting your middle schooler or high schooler a tutor if they were struggling, right? So spending an hour or two with a qualified instructor on the weekend or a weeknight is not a bad prop. especially when your career is on the line. It's a resource, it's here, and yes...some are using it!

Believe it or not many students do ask for outside help, especially if they have an Instructor that is not getting the material across to them in an effective manner. With a 25% attrition rate (NSS 43) I say use whatever it takes (not a crowbar to the exam cabinet, and yes, that was MY student who did it), so that at the end of the day you can look yourself in the mirror and no matter what the outcome is say, "I did all I could."

850.44x.xxxx

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Under normal circumstamces I would agree with those say api tutoring is overkill. However, things aren't normal. Taking someone up on their offer to tutor me in aero was the only reason i did well enough to make it through when they had the 42.5 NSS to complete back in 2005.

Take advantage of all the help you can get.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I agree w/ Zippy, and maybe I'm off base with this one, but I'd say it could be a good idea right now. Throughout flight school, there will be no shortage of guys trying to get a leg up on the training, be it heavy gouging from classmattes ahead of them in the syllabus, or being that guy who is in the sim building every day all day. It was a big lesson that advanced taught me.....don't waste those opportunities if they are presented to you. Definitely a learning point for me looking back at advanced, and maybe food for thought for other studs starting the pipeline as well. I don't know if the TRACOM ever had days where day 1 was really "day 1", but these days that is most definitely not the case. If you aren't well ahead of the game (practice sims, knowing EP's, knowing NATOPS, knowing how to preflight, knowing syllabus maneuvers, etc) when you have your first day of class in a new pipeline/stage/syllabus, then you are behind, compared to your peers both past as well as present. Expectations only increase in this department as you get further along.

/shameless plug for the OP

Spoonman

If you are looking for additional instruction in API Aero or Engines give me a call. I taught it for 2 years until June 2010 and can provide you with an excellent exam prep and simplify the concepts you might be struggling with. Can provide you with reference from past/present students if desired. ***-***-**** or send private message to this account.

Spoonman

API Tutoring

If you are looking for additional instruction in API Aero or Engines give me a call. I taught it for 2 years at NASC until June 2010 and can provide you with an excellent exam prep and simplify the concepts you might be struggling with. Can provide you with reference from past/present students if desired. ***-***-**** or send message to this account.​

Cornhusker

T-34 Gouge

I'm headed to Corpus, heard someone had a study book for the T-34. Anyone know where I can find one?

Cornhusker

T-34 Gouge

I'm headed to Corpus in two weeks, heard someone talk about a study book for the T-34. Anyone know where I can get hold of one?

Cornhusker

I'm headed to Corpus in two weeks, heard someone talk about a study book for the T-34. Anyone know where I can get hold of one?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
They're called FTIs. Everything is there!

Seriously though, marinegouge.com, coastiecrossover.com, and bensgouge.com will all see you through.

If you want to drop some cash and you're still in PCola, Wings had some pretty solid gouge books you can buy, but they're pretty damn expensive. FWIW, I never bought or used them and came out of primary with pretty comfortable grades. I did leaf through a friend's though.

And of course the disclaimer...LBTGDBTG. Biggest change lately has been everything in the TW5 FWOP. OP doesn't care about this, but everyone else has been warned.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
The gouge from Wings was pretty solid. If I recall correctly it was like 30 bucks. It'll at least get you through Contacts/Solo. But, like always, LBTGDBTG

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Really? Are you serious? T-34 gouge is ALL OVER the interwebs. It's called Google, try it. As far as a "study book" for the T-34, try the NATOPS (also easily found on Google). There's plenty there to keep you busy. Start with EPs and systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.