• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
anthropometric measurements

If you do a search for anthropometric measurements you'll find some great information. I have the opposite problem, only 64 inches.:)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm a Middie and I just got back from a summer crusie with VFC-111 down in Key West. The pilots there are awesome guys and they showed me a really good time. There an advesary squadron so the fly the F-5. I got a back seat ride in the F-5 and also got to ride co-pilot in a Seahawk assigned to the bases SAR squadron. I'm 6'5" and although I fit in the F-5 I'm concerned that if I go flight after graduation I might be too big for Hornets or that the height limits may become more stringent since I would actully be going through flight training. I was told that the max allowable for a SNA is 77" but what really matters is the sitting height. I was wondering if anyone kows any more about this or if they knew any hornet pilots who were my size.

1) Don't base your decision to go SNA on whether or not you are qualified for a specific platform (i.e. Hornets, Rhinos, etc)

2) Sounds like an awesome cruise...I had never heard of a middie going to VFC for cruise

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
That is by far the best Middie cruise ever and I hate you for it. Contact MasterBates, the current anthro SME to fit into the T-45, which is your first hurdle.

SkyBoundET2

i've been posting in the sta-21 fy09 thread, but now that i've stumbled across this thread, and i'm getting quite nervous. I got my package back today, and feel very confident in it. however, after reading all of this- i'm not sure i'll even qualify for the pilot option. I already had my flight physical done at Sewell's Point, NOB, an they didn't mention anything about possible disqualification. I am a VERY small female- 5'2" (5'3" depending who measures), 110lbs, and i most certainly DO NOT have a reach of 28 inches. I think i'd look a bit funny. Does anyone know any similarly-built pilots? Or have any idea what happens if i get selected for pilot, only to not qualify for any aircraft?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
i've been posting in the sta-21 fy09 thread, but now that i've stumbled across this thread, and i'm getting quite nervous. I got my package back today, and feel very confident in it. however, after reading all of this- i'm not sure i'll even qualify for the pilot option. I already had my flight physical done at Sewell's Point, NOB, an they didn't mention anything about possible disqualification. I am a VERY small female- 5'2" (5'3" depending who measures), 110lbs, and i most certainly DO NOT have a reach of 28 inches. I think i'd look a bit funny. Does anyone know any similarly-built pilots? Or have any idea what happens if i get selected for pilot, only to not qualify for any aircraft?

I've seen some small pilots...let the NOMI guys tell you no, don't bring stuff up yourself...they will look at yer measurements, plus there are waivers for many things in the Navy...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
If I already had anthros done I don't have to worry about them again right? It's a one time show if you have no restrictions, correct?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

Yep, one of my students that I briefed with about 2 months ago is tiny. About your size, probably 100lbs. She said the only aircraft she can't fly, anthro'd out, is E2/C2...not such a bad thing as it were. Of course she wants helo's.

SkyBoundET2

Yep, one of my students that I briefed with about 2 months ago is tiny. About your size, probably 100lbs. She said the only aircraft she can't fly, anthro'd out, is E2/C2...not such a bad thing as it were. Of course she wants helo's.

please don't be exaggerating! wait... did she have abnormally long arms for her height?? :D it's been my dream, since i was a little girl, to fly jets. (as i said when growing up- the really fast ones). I was just thinking how crushed i'd be if i actually got accepted to the program and didn't qualify to fly ANYTHING. That is very good news, Bunk- thanks!!!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
please don't be exaggerating! wait... did she have abnormally long arms for her height?? :D it's been my dream, since i was a little girl, to fly jets. (as i said when growing up- the really fast ones). I was just thinking how crushed i'd be if i actually got accepted to the program and didn't qualify to fly ANYTHING. That is very good news, Bunk- thanks!!!

Well, it's going to be up to your anthro measurements but yeah, she is tiny. Gatordev may have seen her. She is very small, has a roman nose, fly's at VT-6. Not to many girls there. I think she said she was 5'2 or so.

hi all - i have a similar situation. i'm female, 5'4, about 130 - i was measured by a buddy of mine, lt.cmdr, and he sent the results in to his buddy - results came back showing i anthro'd out of everything except one aircraft, but i couldnt fly the trainer aircraft to get there.

i talked to a flight surgeon and will be getting officially measured - i'm optimistic bc it sounds like there are lots of females who are my size or smaller who make pilot.