• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

WIDGET

hi all - i have a similar situation. i'm female, 5'4, about 130 - i was measured by a buddy of mine, lt.cmdr, and he sent the results in to his buddy - results came back showing i anthro'd out of everything except one aircraft, but i couldnt fly the trainer aircraft to get there.

i talked to a flight surgeon and will be getting officially measured - i'm optimistic bc it sounds like there are lots of females who are my size or smaller who make pilot.

yeah ... i wouldn't trust that. i'm 5'2" 120 and (unfortunately??) am not anthro'd out of anything ... as an snfo. as for pilot, i think they said there were two aircraft i'd be anthro'd out of.
the only issue i have is an ejection seat waiver ... which apparently they're more than happy to waive an ejection seat issue.

robbie7073

I'm probably destroying all OSO's credibility with this thread, but did anyone else think that is was devious and clever that you don't get your Antro restrictions told to you until the first day of API? I think it's the Navy's best kept secret.

A few guys I know really wanted jets, and they found out on zero day that they were too big.

Another guy is too big for the T45, but he fits in the FA18. Regardless, he can't get jets. THats kinda ironic.

As for me, I can't fit in the EA6B, and I'm too fat for the T45 ejection seat. I had to sign a waiver about the ejection seat, but I'm not disqualified. I guess I better lose some weight. :eek:

ANyone else get surprised when they checked into API?
well when i decided i wanted to be a pilot in the marines i went to a enlisted recruiter, cause i didn't know anything about the military, and he got me to join the reserves under the notion that that was the only way to get into the PLC (platoon leadership course) program and 4 years later i have went through enlisted boot camp two six week sessions of OCS and was supposed to graduate this dec and commision with my guaranteed flight contract and my OSO calls me this morning and says im too tall, im 78" tall, and im completely disqualified and now have to go ground. seeing how if i knew this four years ago i never even would have joined i feel like i got screwed pretty hard and am trying to think of what to do next

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
well when i decided i wanted to be a pilot in the marines i went to a enlisted recruiter, cause i didn't know anything about the military, and he got me to join the reserves under the notion that that was the only way to get into the PLC (platoon leadership course) program and 4 years later i have went through enlisted boot camp two six week sessions of OCS and was supposed to graduate this dec and commision with my guaranteed flight contract and my OSO calls me this morning and says im too tall, im 78" tall, and im completely disqualified and now have to go ground. seeing how if i knew this four years ago i never even would have joined i feel like i got screwed pretty hard and am trying to think of what to do next

Guess periods and apostrophes were a problem, too.

Wait, so you get bad gouge from a recruiter, which leads to you going the long way 'round on your commission...then you take another recruiter's word on "the only way" to get into a program you want?

Your OSO can't disqualify you, only NOMI can. They might be right - you might get NPQ'ed when you get to P'cola - but don't take their word for it!

Longhorn

for sna's, other than the regular height and weight measurements, are we supposed to get full anthro measurements at MEPS? Or does that only come when we get down to OCS for NOMI??

i'm 6'5'' so i get a little nervous.

thanks

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
for sna's, other than the regular height and weight measurements, are we supposed to get full anthro measurements at MEPS? Or does that only come when we get down to OCS for NOMI??

i'm 6'5'' so i get a little nervous.

thanks

I believe your recruiter will take the measurements. Mine did, twice... the second time was "under more favorable conditions."

I'm 6'4, but with longer legs (proportionally) than anyone I've seen, except maybe Tayshaun Prince.

Pretty sure the max height is 78", so you're ok in that respect, but sitting height is what really matters.

MasterBates

Butt-Knee length is a major resticter for flying the T-45 (read: TACAIR/E2/C2 pilot, TACAIR NFO).

I'm 6'4" and I am out of limits for the T-45

MasterBates

I don't have my NATOPS jacket handy, but I THINK it's 27.2. I have to check when I get home. Whatever the limit is, I'm .2 over.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
thats only .2" of your kneecaps that'll get shaved off in the event you eject:icon_tong

MasterBates

26.5 looks like the limit on the "old system"

NOMI has changed the way they measure, but the acceptable measurements have not changed. I know, logic and all...

Longhorn

ok my recruiter did take my measurements and had them sent in a while ago. they did get back and say i don't qualify for the t-45 pipeline but am ok for everything else. i just wasn't sure if i got measured at MEPS also, before NOMI.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I don't have my NATOPS jacket handy, but I THINK it's 27.2. I have to check when I get home. Whatever the limit is, I'm .2 over.

Good Lord, I am pretty sure I am <28. Is there a stretch limo T-45?!

And by sitting height I meant butt-knee length; I just suck at putting thoughts into correct words.