• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Remeasurement

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
can anybody give me a link or tell me what the sitting hights and antro restrictions are for each plane...i'm on my way to joining up and trying to fly and I was curious as to what they were...i'm a bit tall so this thread is making me nervous a little bit. thanks.

Its not just a height thing. They measure you with a chair that gives you things like sitting height, butt to knee, sitting arm, etc. I'm 6'4" and fit into everything but the Prowler (due to sitting height). There are guys that stand about 6'0" with massive torsos who have been ineligible for all three pipelines. There are also guys standing 6'6" that fit into pretty much everything.

For the T-45, you have to have a sitting height under 38.90". This is the most restrictive of the trainers, and may give you an idea as to where you stand in terms of seated height.

badger16

None
I see, thanks for the info man that makes me feel better...and if it comes to it I guess i'll just do as suggested above and jump off buildings.:D

fierceseaman

pilot
OK guys, I was an anthro stash before I classed up to API. I'm in my 4th week so I still know the system. Here is a little info for you:

No you cant get remeasured unless LT Hunt or a Squadron CO authorizes it. LT Hunt will only authorize a remeasure if he believes it is wrong.

Supposedly they are going to add 3" to the upper end of the sitting height for EA-6B. This is straight from the horses mouth. When I left we were in the process of rerunning all the NACES reports of people that were currently in API and those still in A-Pool.

Yes, they do give you the NACES reports and these are accurate now. If it doesn't say you are restricted then you are not. If it does, then you are. We have to recheck and restrictions that the system spits out.

Any other questions?

Orion

pilot
I was one of the lucky few who was able to get a remeasurement in the past few months. As stated above, just work your butt off in primary and hopefully your staff will work their butt off for you!

Unfortunately I went from .4" too tall for the T-45 to 0.05" too tall. Yes, thats right... about the thickness of a dime. With the new system (as of about a year ago) they take multiple measurements in the same sitting and average them. I can fly F-18s (didn't care) or E-2/C-2s (what I wanted) but not the mighty T-45. :banghead_

I was pretty down about it for awhile, but then again I'm getting my wings about 8 months faster now!

Oh, and fit checks are no longer an option at all. I guess the Navy decided it was too much to try to fly people and planes around from base to base just to do fit checks.

Just my 2 cents.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I almost didnt qual for hornet NFO because Im fairly short, 5'4". But for prowler im good. Does this mean that It's probable that I would get Prowlers instead of Hornets, or does it not matter as long as I qualified?

Notwithstanding the current rumors about Prowler sitting height changes, the limit is the limit, so it doesn't matter how close you are.

Brett

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I had huge problems with anthros and got remeasured several times .... this was a few years ago. Some people had made mistakes and I was thankful for the ability to get remeasured cause it made the difference between me being in or out of the flight program.

Rubiks06

pilot
yeah they did change the req's for the prowler. they "updated" my anthro sheet and i am no longer disqualified from the prolwer specifically but because i dont fit in the t-45....jets and e2/c2's are out.

wilsonator

Keep the faith things change all the time and there are waivers for everything. It's just right now pre-primary they don't want to spend a bunch of time remeasuring everyone until they fit into what they want. Work hard and don't get discouraged...yet. I'm sure Lt Hunt will have to rotate one of these days.

navychick

So I am reading a lot of "I am too tall" problems and since I am on the other end of that spectrum, I was hoping that someone could tell me the best time of day that you are the "tallest".

I think I am going to hang on a pull-up bar all night long the day before ha.

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
You are at your tallest early in the morning, get a good nights rest because you don't put as much pressure on your spine when you sleep at night so you stretch a little from not being on your feet all day. Tall people (like me) want to get measured later in the day so this early morning stretch does not NPQ them. I don't know how much or how little difference this makes on your height, it was just my doctors advice before my flight physical. :)

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Man, never thought I would be THANKFUL to be 5 foot 9 on a good day:D ;)

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I was always one of those short kids growing up...finally caught up to some people!