• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Remeasurement

Jay

I'm too heavy for every ejection seat aircraft in the Navy... too bad I'm currently backseat driving one... Bigger people than I have safely ejected... the concern is that with my 230# frame, the seats no longer "0/0"
Actually, all the T-45C's here in Meridian, as well as I "think" every fleet aircraft, have modified NACES seats that go from 100-240, so while being fat, you're not too fat.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
My sitting height is right about 39", and I was anthro'd out of Prowlers. Would they (the NAMI Gods) have told me if I didn't fit in the T-45? Based on what I've read here, the max is under 39". Any info would be much appreciated.

Jay

My sitting height is right about 39", and I was anthro'd out of Prowlers. Would they (the NAMI Gods) have told me if I didn't fit in the T-45? Based on what I've read here, the max is under 39". Any info would be much appreciated.
No, they would'nt have, but I can assure you, if your SH is 39", you are SOL, if it's 38.9", you're OK. I didn't find out I was anthro'd out of Prowlers officially EVER, I just happen to run across the document in my flight training jacket after Primary.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, all the T-45C's here in Meridian, as well as I "think" every fleet aircraft, have modified NACES seats that go from 100-240, so while being fat, you're not too fat.

Except the Prowler seat, whose weight guidelines are 140-204 lbs.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
204 lbs? I have seen a few Prowler Pilots/ECMOs that I am sure were pushing that limit.

As I've stated, it's not an absolute limit, but a guideline. If you're outside of the weight range, sign the waiver and you're good to go.

Brett

HalfBreed

None
The max sitting height is 38.9" for T-45s. You are not really supposed to know your measurements. They don't want everyone to go rushing in to see LT Hunt (API physiologist and pretty much THE person that gives thumbs up or thumbs down) to ask for remeasurements. After all if you knew that you were .1 inch too short, it would be too easy to get remeasured and sit up straighter next time. Technically you are allowed to review your Aviation Training Jacket (which is where the measurements are kept) so if you just went in and asked to see your jacket, you will see if you have been excluded from anything. Also, some people have access to the program that evaluates your measurements. What they see on their screen is not necessarily what is in your ATJ. The program is outdated and innacurate. LT Hunt and his stashed A-pool minion have to double check every computer evaluation. For example, it evaluates NFOs to see if they fit in the pilot seat of an E-2. The only way to get around any of this is to do what MasterBates did and find a friendly physiologist after you leave Pensacola.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The only way to get around any of this is to do what MasterBates did and find a friendly physiologist after you leave Pensacola.

And I'll say it again, one more time, in case there was any confusion. The above advice is bad gouge at this point in time. It worked great for Master (and others) "back then," but right now it causes a major sh!tstorm if you do it on your own. Wait until you start primary, kick some butt, and have people want to help you get remeasured. If you're not good to go, academically, then it won't matter anyway.

As for your ATJ, you're right on. You should be able to see it at any given time. Once you get to the flying part of flight school, you'll be expected to review it throughout the week.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
They give all LTs/Ensigns their NACES report on Monday of the first week at API. This sheet has on it all of an individuals measurements and restrictions relating to particular aircraft. As was mentioned before, a group of API studs immediately run to LT Hunt's office only to find out that you will not be able to measured again. This might be different for the Marines, who can possibly take different routes through MATSG-21. Either way, I measured in at a whopping 39.0". Still stoked, despite the departure of the T-45 from my future.

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
Billie, billie,
No worries shipmate, I know you'll knock the crap out of primary and get that remeasurement for Prowlers from you squadron CO. Be sure to represent all us Purdue AMPs (that's right, mechanics can fly airplanes) well in Corpus Christi. Here's some motivation for ya to get jets http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/Guest/8/ (its Hornets, but you'll be flying a Super Hornet after you transition anyways, lol). No offense to the Prowler communities, and I hope they never go away (I said the same thing about the Tomcat too though, RIP babe). Anyways best of luck to ya in Corpus, and safe journey and favorable winds shipmate.

Boiler Up!!
-Taz24th

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Billie, billie,
No worries shipmate, I know you'll knock the crap out of primary and get that remeasurement for Prowlers from you squadron CO. Be sure to represent all us Purdue AMPs (that's right, mechanics can fly airplanes) well in Corpus Christi. Here's some motivation for ya to get jets http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/Guest/8/ (its Hornets, but you'll be flying a Super Hornet after you transition anyways, lol). No offense to the Prowler communities, and I hope they never go away (I said the same thing about the Tomcat too though, RIP babe). Anyways best of luck to ya in Corpus, and safe journey and favorable winds shipmate.

Boiler Up!!
-Taz24th

Think of the irony of getting antho'd out of Prowlers, only to get a helo or VP slot, when the Prowler pathway could have led to a Hornet variant. Offense? Certainly not from an API warrior. ;)

Brett

NAVYItalian84

I'm in the same boat

For what its worth, my buddy just got his NAMI physical done, and he was in the exact same boat as you. He had some of the people at NAMI make some phone calls to see whether or not there was any way to get around the results (.1'' too tall). Basically the answer was no, the measurements taken there are final. It sucks because if you jumped around a bit, or waited till later in the day, your spine would have compressed a bit and you would have been fine. Its so close that if you measured I know it sucks, and its got me worried too, because my sitting height was at 38.9''. But he's still trying to find a way to see if they can make any exceptions, so if he finds one, I'll post it and let you know.

I was just measured down at NAMI and the results came back with a seated height of 37.45", which is 1/20 of an inch too tall for Prowlers. I figured with that tiny margin i could def. get a waiver but they are holding their ground on this one. I talked to the LT. that signed off on the paperwork and he said it was final, nothing I could do.
I'm just hoping I can change this down the road.