• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Remeasurement

billiken2002

pilot
I know that this has been covered a lot here, but I really need some help. I just received my Anthro Restrictions sheet a few weeks ago. The only bad part on there was my sitting height at 39.15 inches. That puts me .25" too tall for the T-45 and 1.75" too tall for EA-6B. I spoke with the LT here in PCOLA and asked about the possibility that the measurements were wrong. I mean, I was measured last spring and was allowed to go on summer cruise in a Prowler squadron, and his response was that the people that took my measurements and cleared me to fly last year were wrong and that NAMI's measurements are right (that NAMI's accuracy is really good and the fact that they do the measurements 30-40 times a day). I even asked if I could get a remeasurement done, and he said that only 2 people can authorize a remeasurement: a squadron CO and himself. And since I dont have a squadron CO, my only chance is this LT and he doesnt allow remeasurements. But everyone on AW and here in PCOLA is saying to get a remeasurement done. What can I do? Is there anything that I can do to get these measurements redone? I know I have a small chance to get jets from Primary, but I would at least like to try and compete for it, not be told that I can't because of a 1/4 inch.

RiceOwl06

For what its worth, my buddy just got his NAMI physical done, and he was in the exact same boat as you. He had some of the people at NAMI make some phone calls to see whether or not there was any way to get around the results (.1'' too tall). Basically the answer was no, the measurements taken there are final. It sucks because if you jumped around a bit, or waited till later in the day, your spine would have compressed a bit and you would have been fine. Its so close that if you measured I know it sucks, and its got me worried too, because my sitting height was at 38.9''. But he's still trying to find a way to see if they can make any exceptions, so if he finds one, I'll post it and let you know.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Right now, measurements are very strict and, as you are finding out, there is no remeasurements being allowed. The advice you're hearing about getting remeasured is for guys who aren't at Schools Command and beyond yet. Once here, it's a huge deal to get measured and will often cause a sh!tstorm to follow if you make a big deal about it.

The good news? In a few years, numbers will be down, there won't be enough "x" pilots, and the allowances will get more "liberal."

Jay

I know people who have been anthro'd out of a pipeline at NOMI, and did well enough in primary that their command recommended them for a remeasurement when they approached their command, stating that they were within limits, and actually were, this in the last 2-3 months. What I recommend from you is to do extremely well in Primary, because if you don't, you won't need remeasured anyways, and second, sit on a linoleum floor and have someone mark where you head hits on a wall and measure that as you sitting height. Still too tall? That's life bro.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the guys down here in MS wanted Prowlers badly and was in a similar boat (still fit in the T-45 though). Got permission to get remeasured, and is headed to Whidbey. It can be done. Your anthros don't matter in API anyway, as long as you fit in the T-34. Like everyone said, do well enough in Primary and hopefully you will have a more receptive chain of command later on.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know people who have been anthro'd out of a pipeline at NOMI, and did well enough in primary that their command recommended them for a remeasurement when they approached their command, stating that they were within limits, and actually were, this in the last 2-3 months. What I recommend from you is to do extremely well in Primary, because if you don't, you won't need remeasured anyways, and second, sit on a linoleum floor and have someone mark where you head hits on a wall and measure that as you sitting height. Still too tall? That's life bro.

Good point. I was referring to life at/before Primary when you're an unknown commodity.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys...sorry that this is a first post here and that I haven't introduced myself proper-like and all but....

I was fairly certain that they weren't taking anyone else into the -6B pipeline anyway...is this incorrect? Damn...if it is...:icon_smil

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
:icon_smil

Just what I need....more kool-aid to drink...

Course thats the platform I was after in the first place....:tongue2_1

Spin

SNA in Meridian
There was a guy in MS who didn't want to go Prowlers so he went "ON HIS OWN" down to PCola and got remeasured. Turned out he was slighly out of limtis on one measurement for T-45s (even though he fit cause he had started training) ..... needless to say command was PISSED that he just up and went to get remeasured so they attrited him from jets cause his anthros were NOW out of limits for the T-45. DO NOT GO THERE ON YOUR OWN .....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a guy in MS who didn't want to go Prowlers so he went "ON HIS OWN" down to PCola and got remeasured. Turned out he was slighly out of limtis on one measurement for T-45s (even though he fit cause he had started training) ..... needless to say command was PISSED that he just up and went to get remeasured so they attrited him from jets cause his anthros were NOW out of limits for the T-45. DO NOT GO THERE ON YOUR OWN .....
Agreed. It basically was a big fat "screw you" to his CO and XO who were BOTH Prowler pilots . . . I'm sure they were thrilled when they found out. And Prowler selections are well and alive . . . was told at my selection that there are plenty between now and the end of the fiscal year. Man, it's cold in here. I think I feel a draft . . . :D

billiken2002

pilot
So I gather that I should wait until Primary, try my best and get good grades and then talk to the CO about a remeasurement. Otherwise it wont make a difference whether or not I'm too tall. Oh yeah, and dont go and get remeasured myself without permission. Thanks a lot for all of the inputs. And one other thing, what was everyone talking about a "draft?" I've never heard about this before.