• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Remeasurement

twilson

Hey just found out this week I am kind of screwed too, .7 SH to tall for T45, and .2SH to tall for T57. The Lt told me to have fun in OKC flying the mighty E-6A. I am hoping that doing good in API and primary will help me out down the line but I am not counting on much after looking around on the wed. I found this link, don’t know if it has been posted before, but hope it helps so of yall out. Hey just found out this week I am kind of screwed too, .7 SH to tall for T45, and .2SH to tall for T57. The Lt told me to have fun in OKC flying the mighty E-6A. I am hoping that doing good in API and primary will help me out down the line but I am not counting on much after looking around on the wed. I found this link, don’t know if it has been posted before, but hope it helps so of yall out. https://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/anthro_/index.htm

skotc9

know what the limits are before you go in. an E-1 who really doesn't care how tall you are will probably measure you. use your imagination.

spinspilot

My OSO informed me not too long ago that I was to short for the Jet platform altogether. I forget the measurements, but im 5'4". Though When I went for my physical at NAS JAX the flight surgeon said I was good for everything. My oso said he confirmed the info so I dont think theres much more I can do about it. At this point im actually trying for the October boards for NFO. I dont think that my vision quals for the SCL waiver for pilot.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
My OSO informed me not too long ago that I was to short for the Jet platform altogether. I forget the measurements, but im 5'4". Though When I went for my physical at NAS JAX the flight surgeon said I was good for everything. My oso said he confirmed the info so I dont think theres much more I can do about it. At this point im actually trying for the October boards for NFO. I dont think that my vision quals for the SCL waiver for pilot.

It depends on how your OSO got his/her info. If they are just guessing, because of your height, they could be wrong. Did anyone do an anthro measurement on you?

spinspilot

Yes. I was at NAS JAX all day. I did everything from blood, ekg, etc... they took the anthros, sitting height, arm length.. We shall see..

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
I was initially DQ'd from the T-45 also. Luckily for me they told me this in the first week of OCS. I was able to talk to the LCDR who was in charge of anthros at that time (really nice guy BTW), into re-measuring after three months of constant nagging. He re-measured me right before I got commissioned and luckily I passed this time. I did my best to make sure I would fit in the seat the second time I got measured. Hell, jump from tall heights all morning and then get measured, if that is what it takes.

I don’t know who this new LT is, but do what ever you can and try to get the problem fixed now. Good luck, I know how it feels. I was in the exact same spot 4 years ago.

Shadow9660

Word in our squadron was that the anthro measurements for EA-6Bs (sitting height) were being laxed to give an extra 3 inches. Don't know how much padding they would have to removeto gain 3 inches, but thats the word, at least down in P' Cola.

Jay

3 inches, or .3 inches? I can see .3, but 3 inches makes the limit a 40 inch sitting height, that's like Dikembe Matumbo's sitting height. One of my NFO buddies told me NO ONE is anthro'd out of Prowlers now, hmmmm.

spinspilot

I almost didnt qual for hornet NFO because Im fairly short, 5'4". But for prowler im good. Does this mean that It's probable that I would get Prowlers instead of Hornets, or does it not matter as long as I qualified?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I almost didnt qual for hornet NFO because Im fairly short, 5'4". But for prowler im good. Does this mean that It's probable that I would get Prowlers instead of Hornets, or does it not matter as long as I qualified?

Story behind avatar?

spinspilot

:icon_wink Delta Upsilon house. This was taken at another Chapter one weekend. I have plenty of stories, i think i should start a weekly journal on AW dedicated just to some of our little adventures over here.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
:icon_wink Delta Upsilon house. This was taken at another Chapter one weekend. I have plenty of stories, i think i should start a weekly journal on AW dedicated just to some of our little adventures over here.

Which chapter if you don't mind me asking, I'm good friends with some DU's at UCF. ;)

badger16

None
can anybody give me a link or tell me what the sitting hights and antro restrictions are for each plane...i'm on my way to joining up and trying to fly and I was curious as to what they were...i'm a bit tall so this thread is making me nervous a little bit. thanks.