• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Another call to "bring back S-3's" (Vikings are Zombies)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course, having a process doesn't eliminate the possibility of being wrong. That's not a realistic expectation. It does, however, have a better chance of getting it right than a bunch of nostalgic yahoos pontificating on AW - or in the pages of USNI publications. :)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course, having a process doesn't eliminate the possibility of being wrong. That's not a realistic expectation. It does, however, have a better chance of getting it right than a bunch of nostalgic yahoos pontificating on AW - or in the pages of USNI publications. :)
Can't say I am right. Don't even have the proper access. I am just not as certain the system gets it right as others are. It is clear they were wrong about their assumptions when they killed VS. Whether it should come back, I can't know. I hope we don't see the proof of an error in judgement.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Brett, when the Zombie Apocalypse dawns, i’m definitely putting my money behind the “nostalgic yahoos pontificating on AW.” Old guys know stuff !!!
?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, when the Zombie Apocalypse dawns, i’m definitely putting my money behind the “nostalgic yahoos pontificating on AW.” Old guys know stuff !!!
?
Old guys know old stuff about old systems, old platforms and old tactics. This is true. :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How many retired airframes have you flown in?
Had a Senior Chief Bosun working for me in the mid 80s. He had been out of the Navy after a heart attack and then came back through the Reserves on active duty Career Recruiter orders (weird stuff). Think he was working on over 30 years active duty. I had him set up in another city about 2 hours away. He had furnished his office entirely with disposable property from the local Air Force base. Even managed to get a large enough truck from the Air Force to move it all at once. Hadn't cost us a dime. I went down for a bit of an inspection to see what his dumpster diving had gleaned. He had done well and the office was decorated with the photos of no less then 10 ships. I slowly examined each one. I asked If he had served on everyone of them. He replied in the affirmative. When I commented that I didn't recognize the names of a single one and asked if any were still active, I got a direct "Fuck you...sir" Good times. I couldn't turn him loose on the college campus without giving him charm classes. A real sailor!! Too bad he was relegated to recruiting.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
How many retired airframes have you flown in?

Despite being a mid-level LT, I've got two under my belt, I think:
T-34C
SH-60B (Mid Cruise, flew up front for an hour!)

In a couple of years, I'll have three with the TH-57.

I also have one ship that's been deactivated and one squadron as well. Neither "decommissioned," but I imagine the ship will be.