• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Another call to "bring back S-3's" (Vikings are Zombies)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What a clusterfuck. Much respect . . . and that's coming from someone whose squadron had to deal with the Operation Tomodachi Prowlers. That said, the fact that we're in a year where a Rhino can have that story (cannibalized to shit and not flown for 10 years) makes me feel really freaking old.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
What a clusterfuck. Much respect . . . and that's coming from someone whose squadron had to deal with the Operation Tomodachi Prowlers. That said, the fact that we're in a year where a Rhino can have that story (cannibalized to shit and not flown for 10 years) makes me feel really freaking old.
Same. I actually looked in my logbook, and that jet is really close in BUNO to the jets I flew on my DH tour…

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That said, the fact that we're in a year where a Rhino can have that story (cannibalized to shit and not flown for 10 years) makes me feel really freaking old.

[NAS Lemoore West Ramp/Sun Shades enters chat]

To be fair, LRIP/Block 1 Rhinos are 20+ years old now. And still as useless as they ever were. Big charlies, with more gas. A slicked off block 1 E is a BFM monster though. Can hang pretty well with a CL tanked F-16B on the deck, which is still saying something.