• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ammo, Ammo, Ammo

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I have gotten stricken to the old Supervisor ford F-150. the AR-15 was taken out and I am stuck without a secondary weapon since only supervisors get those. I must stick to my Glock 22 to continue the battle. I am not a happy camper.

GroundPounder

I have gotten stricken to the old Supervisor ford F-150. the AR-15 was taken out and I am stuck without a secondary weapon since only supervisors get those. I must stick to my Glock 22 to continue the battle. I am not a happy camper.

Will your agency not allow you to carry a personal AR?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Word on the street was that the 5.56 chamber pressure is generally higher than the .223 of any round.. is that true?

Yes. That's why, at least on paper, you shouldn't shoot 5.56 rounds in a .223 chamber. When you buy an AR be sure the barrel is marked 5.56 not .223

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Do you guys know anything about Palmetto State Armory? www.palmettostatearmory.com They're listed in the AR15.com ammo thread and I found last night they're selling Prvi Partizan M855 ammo for ~31 cents/round, which seems like a pretty good deal. The few reviews I've found so far say that make is pretty good and the prices I've found for it are usually around 48 cents/round. Maybe the deal is too good to be true. My other option is to get some LC M855 from Cheaper than Dirt for $350 for a 1000 rounds. Either way, I'll need to order this weekend so it will get to me before I go on leave next weekend.

OscarMyers

None
Ive ordered from palmetto before, real quick delivery. I had a little ejection problem with the Prvi ammo, but it was also when i first got my AR and did more shooting then oiling it. Take it for what its worth, I haven't had any problems since then. This website is pretty nice for price shopping. Happy hunting.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Both AIM and Palmetto are good to go. Buy with confidence from them. Palmetto even has a store front. Don't know about AIM

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks guys. Aim doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for at the moment (M855). Correction, just saw they had the PMC stuff, which appears to be decent stuff, according to the interwebs. Think I'll roll w/ Palmetto for the moment, though. Appreciate the help.

ryan1234

Thanks guys. Aim doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for at the moment (M855). Correction, just saw they had the PMC stuff, which appears to be decent stuff, according to the interwebs. Think I'll roll w/ Palmetto for the moment, though. Appreciate the help.

Thanks for bringing up Palmetto... just ordered some PMC X-tac 5.56mm 62gr for $5.89/20rds it's $294/1000rds

Not bad, not bad!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for bringing up Palmetto... just ordered some PMC X-tac 5.56mm 62gr for $5.89/20rds it's $294/1000rds

Not bad, not bad!

Their Privi M855 (which my gun doesn't like) and their PMC M855 seems to stay at the same low price. I just got 800 of the PMC and 200 of the Federal M193 to see how my gun likes it. Same great price for both. I continue to be impressed w/ their service, which I'll miss with potential next duty stations.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
FYI, Recall on certain Federal Ammo. I figured the easiest way to get this out would be to post their memo. This is on most of the gun forums.

FEDERAL and AMERICAN EAGLE
45 AUTO PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING

UPDATED

Immediate Action Required
Certain lots of recently manufactured 45 Auto ammunition may contain an incorrect propellant
charge. Use of product from these lots may result in firearm damage and possible
serious injury.
DO NOT USE PRODUCT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOTS:

38X628 through 38X765
38T401 through 38T414

If you have in your possession any 45 Auto with the following brand names and part numbers,
check to see if your ammunition package contains the above lots: American Eagle® (AE45A,
AE45N1, or AE45A250), Champion™ (WM5233), GoldMedal® (GM45B), Hi-Shok® (45C, 45D),
Federal® Personal Defense® (C45C, C45D) and Federal Premium® (P45HST1, P45HS2G,
LE45T1).
If you possess ammunition from any of these lots, or have questions concerning this warning, please contact us
at 1-800-831-0850 or 1-800-322-2342 and ask for Product Service. Federal will provide replacement product
and will cover the cost of returning the affected product.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"The guy" at Walmart said they already pulled their Federal stuff. I had two boxes of American Eagle 250 round "Free range" rounds and it wasn't part of this.

Also, a Walmart in St. Pete had 3 boxes of .45 Winchester white box for sale. My Walmart here in Jax...still notta. I think it must just go very quickly here with fewer shipments to replenish it.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Yeah, I can't find any .45 at the Walmarts here in Jax...other than TulAmmo. Which I'm not sure I wanna run through my 1911.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You would think with the red-neck quotient from N. Central FL that the Walmarts would get supplied more often, but apparently not.