• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things Baseball

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There’s a reason the Eephus pitch is a thing . . . and that’s the reason.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Despite all the split seam fastballs, nasty sliders and big breaking curves, there is nothing better at a ballgame than watching a knuckleball pitcher.

number9

Contributor
Despite all the split seam fastballs, nasty sliders and big breaking curves, there is nothing better at a ballgame than watching a knuckleball pitcher.

My favorite quote in baseball is anything by Rickey Henderson from Bob Uecker. I'll paraphrase but:

Q: Bob, what was it like to catch the knuckleball? Isn't it incredibly difficult?
A: No, it was easy. You just wait for it to stop rolling, bend over, and pick it up

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sad side note for baseball, the son of former LA Dodger Steve Sax was one the Marines killed in the recent Osprey crash. Captain John Sax, USMC.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Has been a pretty good College World Series so far. Semifinals today with SEC Ole Miss vs SEC Arkansas and SEC Texas A&M vs soon to be SEC Oklahoma.

Ozarky

pilot
Hogs tried to self destruct with 2 HBP In the bottom of the 9th. Thought they were gonna throw it away, but we’re still hanging on! Woo Pig!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Bases loaded, no outs, yet Ole Miss only managed 1 run.

ESPN said the homerun to dead centerfield in the 5th inning was the longest in the history of the park - and the wind was blowing in. I would say he got all of it.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Despite a record breaking 13 strikeout performance by Oklahoma pitcher Cade Horton, the Ole Miss Rebels prevailed in the College World Series; 4-2 today and 10-3 yesterday. Lucky to make the playoffs at all, Ole Miss got blazingly hot at exactly the right time.

The Rebels (42-23) became the eighth national champion since 2009 to come out of the Southeastern Conference and third straight, and the trophy will stay in the Magnolia State for another year. Mississippi State won last year.

Whether baseball or football, South On Ya…

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is this "college baseball" thing? I hear from time to time that we have a group of people at Penn State who allegedly play such a sport, but based on the results, this is a highly debatable claim to make.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
What is this "college baseball" thing? I hear from time to time that we have a group of people at Penn State who allegedly play such a sport, but based on the results, this is a highly debatable claim to make.
Quite difficult for schools in the Northeast to practice over the winter and in early spring: schools in the South and the Southwest have a big climate advantage in getting outside for early season practice.