• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ak-74

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well this oughta settle the debate once and for all . . .:icon_tong

OK, some of them fall into the category of "trying too hard," but it's still mildly amusing . . .

skidz

adrenaline junky
Nittany, that is some funny a$$ sh!t, I was laughing nearly all the way through.

So I guess what has come out of all this is for me to save up a bit longer and buy a nice ar. Thanks ya'll for the advice.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
No they don't ... :)

*edit* ... let's cut the crap ... buy a high quality AR. We don't NEEEEEEED no STEEEEEEENKIN' AK-74's ... after all, who "won" the Cold War???

Indeed - buy/build a high quality AR...

My build project (just added Magpul pistol grip/trigger guard combo and A.R.M.S. BUIS) - I have a KAC M5 RAS on the way! ("surplus")

Attachments

• FebChuck 005.jpg
    FebChuck 005.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 31
  • FebChuck 006.jpg
    FebChuck 006.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 26

MasterBates

If you get orders to CA, you can bring in AR's and other "off list" weapons. But there is Paperwork/Registrations to deal with..

Ask FlyNavy about it.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
If you get orders to CA, you can bring in AR's and other "off list" weapons. But there is Paperwork/Registrations to deal with..

Ask FlyNavy about it.

Interesting how CA respects that groups rights but doesn't grant those same rights to its own citizens...

MasterBates

I wouldn't call it respecting rights Raptor...

Registration should not be needed under the 2nd Amendment.

Nor should we (nonresident military) be treated any different than locals...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I wouldn't call it respecting rights Raptor...

Registration should not be needed under the 2nd Amendment.

Nor should we (nonresident military) be treated any different than locals...

I'm saying that nonresident military gets to exercise their 2nd amendment, while the citizens even if military, don't.

Preaching to the choir.

Rasczak

Marine
I would agree with the folks on building your own AR - You would be surprised at how affordable it is.

For example:

Buy Complete HBAR, Flat-Top 20" Rifle Kit, - everything but stripped lower receiver - delivered UPS to your door: (barrel, upper reciver, handguards, gas system, sight already assembled and test fired...
kits_complete20.jpg

$459
http://jtdistributing.com/store/rifle_kits.html

Buy stripped lower receiver: $100
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=65663982

pix2368646065.jpg

Put it all together:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
how well does it all come together and how well does it fire?

MasterBates

Fine, and just as accurate as a factory built gun. Maybe better.

When you buy a kit, all the parts that need special treatment are assemebeld at the factory. The rest assembles like an erector set. It's eaaasy.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
How well does it come together and shoot?

Came together very well indeed. I added:

a. MAGPUL MIAD Grip
b. Knight's Armament M5 RAS (USMC Issue for M16A4)
c. Backup Iron Sight
d. Inexpensive (CDNN.com) Aimpoint copy

With 55 gr. ammo, I could consistently keep 3-4" groups at 75-100 yards off a rest. (I haven't even battle zeroed the sights in yet)

Since the upper receiver and barrel came fitted, assembled, and test fired I was expecting at least some measure of accuracy.

The Magpul MIAD grip is great in my larger hands - way more comfortable than the standard GI pistol grip.

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 20