• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airwarriors Stickers?

AW sticker designs presented, which do you like the best?

• Schnugg's White

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Phrogpilot's Original White

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • SBpilot's Window Sticker

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Plain with NA/NFO wings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plain with all three wings

• Phrog's with all three wings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm leaning away from too much color, too busy. Keep it simple black and white.

Too much color and rainbow swooshes can lead to:
rainbow-co.gif

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Although I like the white version of phrog's design a lot, I'm a little partial to the standard window sticker that sbpilot made.
BTW, any reason you can't get two designs made? If there's enough demand having a choice between the top two vote-getters might work.

phrogpilot73

Although I like the white version of phrog's design a lot, I'm a little partial to the standard window sticker that sbpilot made.
BTW, any reason you can't get two designs made? If there's enough demand having a choice between the top two vote-getters might work.
My own $0.02 on this subject. Having been a former Battalion MCCS officer, relying on demand and people saying "yeah, I'll buy X number of stickers" and then not following through, gives the potential for someone to be left holding the bag. I think that it should work this way:

We decide on ONE design for now, and figure out who's going to pony up for the initial purchase, or collect money in advance.

Do an LRIP of those stickers, and see how quickly (or slowly) they sell.

Sell them for a small proft, and maintain an "Airwarriors Geedunk Fund".

If they sell well, and there was enough demand for a second design, use the "Airwarriors Geedunk Fund" to purchase a second lot of both designs.

Sell those for a profit, and then look towards Polo Shirts, T-Shirts, Coffee Mugs, Pens, Keychains, USB Thumb Drives, Beer Coozies, etc...

If they don't sell well during the LRIP, then no-one is left with a gaping hole in the finances and a shitload of stickers. Case in point: upon "demand" and suggestions, I purchased 1500 stickers out of pocket for the Battalion. At the end of the day (when I went on terminal), I was still $485 in the hole and had something like 900 stickers left over. I left the stickers at the Battalion, and drained the $400 that was in the Battalion's MCCS funds (per the CO's/OpsO's guidance), and still walked away $85 in the hole. I don't want that to happen here.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Phrog is 100% right. I also had the "joy" of this type of stuff in my last 2 squadrons and people getting wrapped up in design options, combined with the inevitable flakeouts made it miserable.

One test run, with one design, to see if the "system" works is the most anyone can ask for.

You guys need to realize this is a fair amount of work, from initial design, to color/material selection, taking the artwork, scanning it, enlarging it to remove any and all pixellation, sending it to the comapny for their evaluation/suggestions, getting a prototype (a MUST)....

Then coordinating orders, payments, and mailing options.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I like the window sticker the best so far--it's understated and says exactly what we're trying to say, but if that doesn't make it, my next choice is Phrog's white one with wings; kinda liked the idea of including a funny like "In Gouge We Trust" or "It's not all Choker Whites and Dining Outs" or something, but without it it's pretty good. Whichever wins, I'm in.

phrogpilot73

Phrog is 100% right. I also had the "joy" of this type of stuff in my last 2 squadrons and people getting wrapped up in design options, combined with the inevitable flakeouts made it miserable.
Thanks. I agree that it is a "joy". A thankless job at best, and it's always almost impossible to get people to decide on a design. Luckily, in the squadron and battalion - the CO ways always the "slap the table" guy on the design. That's why I suggested the John be the final decision maker. At some point, discussion will close - John will give us his suggestions, and then it's done.

One test run, with one design, to see if the "system" works is the most anyone can ask for.
Yup - alot of people who haven't done this before realize that you can't go from ZERO to a wide selection of stuff until you have a design that represents the 80% solution. Someone will always not like it as much as what they voted for - but in the end, they'll buy it.

You guys need to realize this is a fair amount of work, from initial design, to color/material selection, taking the artwork, scanning it, enlarging it to remove any and all pixellation, sending it to the comapny for their evaluation/suggestions, getting a prototype (a MUST)....

Then coordinating orders, payments, and mailing options.
Luckily, the bold steps can be pretty much combined into one if you're good with Adobe Photoshop. I agree that a prototype is a MUST, but alot of companies will now provide a proof/mockup that will suffice most times as well. I think the biggest pain in the ass point of this drill will be the order, payment, and mailing options since AW is so decentralized. There's no "treasurer" or anything else... Some hurdles have yet to be considered.

I got a good suggestion in a PM. Once we decide on a design for the sticker that the masses like, and John signs off on it - with his blessing we can set up an online, automated store so we don't have to maintain an inventory or have a huge startup cost. After looking at the website, their base price for the stickers is too much, but it's reasonable for other things - that may be the best route to go - outsource for stickers, use the automated store for everything else (I'm going to get an AW barbecue apron!)

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
C'mon people...89 responses & 2,210 views shouldn't correlate to only 21 votes...keep at it and voice your opinion's in the poll if this is indeed a serious concept to be considered.

That is all. :)

phrogpilot73

C'mon people...89 responses & 2,210 views shouldn't correlate to only 21 votes...keep at it and voice your opinion's in the poll if this is indeed a serious concept to be considered.

That is all. :)
Agreed - and if you don't like ANY of the designs - voice them in here, but just like in the military, don't offer criticism without a solution. Either a tweak to a current design - or your own design.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I prefer it in white myself...

Airwarriors20Sticker2.gif
I like it but would put the one wing about the AW and the other below like schnuggs. I will let you pilots and nfos decide who gets to be on top (not like that people!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.