• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Marshals Kill Erratic Passenger in Miami

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Fly Navy said:
Lot more going on there. There was massive metal fatigue on that aircraft if I remember right. Not your "normal" situation.

Agreed. I suspect, however, that a bullet hole would add a little fatigue to what's already there...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
.....As to A4s low opinion of many FAMs, I have to disagree to a point. First, my experience with FAMs simply is not as negative as A4s, and I have law engforcement experience as well. Regardless of whether a FAM met everyones expectation of professionalism and readiness, I would very much like a FAM in the cabin AND a FFDO (armed pilot) behind the cockpit door. ....
I agree .... I want a FAM (or two) AND an FFDO (or three) .... but that doesn't change my experience with the boys. I had to tell one to change his shirt as his pistol was "printing" through his Polo shirt --- basic head work lacking here. Sooooooooooo ..... where was HIS training ??? Most have been "enthusiastic", but when we talked specifics and tactics .... they were too much "run and gun" for my tastes. The problem is I have no control over what they do behind the door. I KNOW what they get in training ... like I said: 40% (give or take) are good-to-go .... the rest aren't. That's the hand I've been dealt since the program was revitalized.

Overall .... having taught them .... I am not over enamored with the overall raw product present in current law enforcement personnel. Some are outstanding, to many are not. They STILL get hired, however. That is obviously a generalization, but that's the way it's been .....