• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aimpoint or EoTech?

BigRed389

None
I used a Aimpoint setup on a M4 with fixed front sight and rear sight.

Once you sight in the Aimpoint and cowitness the red dot with the iron sight lineup, you just put the dot on the target. I found myself looking above the iron sights, using the red dot and being very accurate.

I get the "electronics fail" argument, but if your optic fails, you can just transition to the iron sights, and some mounts are even set up so the optic can drop off to the side with a switch.

Granted all our shooting was 25m and closer, but then isn't that the point of a red dot?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
You have to like the reticule of the EoTech - it gives you a lot of options for short and long distance accurate shooting.

HoloReticle.jpg

That said the Aimpoint is bullet proof, bet your life reliable. In the CompM4 version the battery has years of life and does not need to be "turned off" - ever. 2 MOA dot is good. I've used an Aimpoint Comp M2 in competition and it was great. Love the "both eyes open" approach.

GroundPounder

Sure I have ... that's why I'm filling some more sand bags and figuring where I want to place the Claymore's around the last redoubt .... :)
Claymore%20Clacker.JPG

Make sure that you take these with you when you go downrange to make sure that your claymore is still aimed in the right direction.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I have an Aimpoint compML2 on my M4gery and I love it. Really easy to use and setup and the battery life has been great. I have HEARD that the battery life on the Eotechs arent so good...dont quote me on that though. One good thing about the Eotech...you dont have to buy a seperate mount like you do for the Aimpoint.

pilot06

Anyone have experience with the Trijicon reflex sight? I was thinking of putting one on my next AR.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
object%3E
Go onto youtube and search nutnfancy. He does a TON of weapons/gear reviews. I think he just did a review on the two you're looking at in the same video. Check it out. He does a great job.

Here's the video:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Anyone have experience with the Trijicon reflex sight? I was thinking of putting one on my next AR.

Got one -- don't like it. I'll sell it to you :) ... nice & compact, but the dot is too small and hard to acquire "rapidly" ... just one man's opinion.

Reflexspecs.gif

pilot06

A4s, thanks for the info. I guess I'll need to get my hands on one somewhere to see if I like it.

utak

Starting to lean towards Aimpoint . . . one of my best friends went to a tactical carbine course this weekend and saw how 3 EoTechs just outright died at the range.

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
I'll third or fourth the Trijicon ACOG- Have it on an AR and think* it's f'ing awesome. (*thought-can't seem to find any .223 these days) Really dang'd expensive though.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Did any iron sights fail?

Just askin? :D

So true.

And when things really get up close and personal, your acquisition time is perhaps just as good with iron sights. I think A4's put it best: "Front sight in a fight."

Although I do have to admit, it is pretty cool watching that reticle (sp?) move around the glass but stay put on the target as you move your head.