• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aimpoint or EoTech?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've shot the AccuPoint in 1-4x and the green dot reticle on a friend's AR before. Nice optic, and I really liked the green for quick acquisition. The adjustment ring is kind of iffy, though, and my buddy added a larger throw ring/lever to it. Check the hunting/outdoors section of overstock.com, which sometimes has decent deals. It's hit or miss though, and sometimes you'll be able to find things cheaper elsewhere.

OscarMyers

None
I had an ACOG and am now using an Eotech. Dont get me wrong i loved the acog. Great range, awesome illumination. But I wanted a little more versatility. The Tritium reticle was to bright to use with NV. I have a GGG mount behind my Eotech red dot that i can switch between my NVD and an aimpoint 4x optic. Even went as far as to build my own IR laser. If you have no intention of using NV then the trijicon is a great optic.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Or you could have used the whole Bindon Aiming Concept thing (which is kind of the point of the ACOG), and not had to deal with mounting nightvision on your rifle. ...Like 99% of the Marine Corps and Army do, with nightvision worn on their non-dominant eye.

And I think he was referring to the Trijicon Tripower (1x, triple illuminated optic), not the ACOG (in the RCO configuration, a 4x fixed optic, with dual illuminated reticle).

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Anyone using an Elcan SpectreDR?
Elcan_Specter_DR_Red_Dot_Combat_Sight.jpg

It seems like a nifty tool. 1x-4x at the flip of a lever with the same eye relief.
imgp4448-copy.jpg

Pretty sweet reticle options too. Looks like the new hotness
rdvariation.gif

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I truely would love to have an Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x but but I haven't been able to put enough investors together yet to buy one. It's a hell of an optic for sure. Hella heavy too but nothing is free. I like that reticle alot. Nikon is using something similar on one of their 3-9 variable hunting scopes

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I truely would love to have an Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x but but I haven't been able to put enough investors together yet to buy one.

I figured A4s had owned several by now, or possibly purchased the company.

Just bought an Aero Precision AR lower. I'm trying to figure out if I want to put an Aimpoint PRO or an ACOG on it, either a TA11 or -31. I think the donut reticle on the ACOG is sweet. This is all putting the buggy before the horse of course - haven't even built the damn thing yet

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I figured A4s had owned several by now, or possibly purchased the company.

Just bought an Aero Precision AR lower. I'm trying to figure out if I want to put an Aimpoint PRO or an ACOG on it, either a TA11 or -31. I think the donut reticle on the ACOG is sweet. This is all putting the buggy before the horse of course - haven't even built the damn thing yet

Yup. A-4's must be off making money to pay off the purchase, haven't seen him around in a while.

Those are two best of breed optic solutions built for different missions of course. Each very good in it's own way. I've heard it said that the best thing to do at first is to buy quality basic equipment (ie irons and standard hand guards etc) and use the money you saved to buy ammo and some training. Then go shoot the hell out of it. "Soon" depending on how much you shoot, you'll have a better idea of what works for you. I've got tons of cool stuff laying around I no longer use that is proof I didn't follow that advice. I've come full circle now. MOE hand guards instead of rails. DD 1.5's and T-1's instead of ACOGs and COMP M4s. Sure was fun getting to this point though.

Let the mission tell you which one to buy. Then screw it, just buy both...LOL... and another upper or better yet buy both and another upper and another lower. Thats what I did.....such is the nature of BRD.