• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Age problem with flight school

Aceleo

SNA
Hi all,

Due to some issues with depth perception and getting a LASIK afterward (6-month wait), my application for SNA was delayed about 2 years. But now I am almost ready.
Soon I will be submitting my OCS packet for April 2nd board. I am only applying for SNA(Pilot). My scores are 55/7/7/6 (what are my chances?)

But I have a bit of a problem, I am turning 27 in August 9th of this year.
So according to my recruiter's estimates, if I submit my packet for April, the board will convene in May. Hoping that I do get selected for SNA, and if I do, I will most probably ship out sometime end of June. Given OCS is 3 months, if all goes well, I will commission sometime in September.

So does that mean I am out of luck at this point or can I still get a waiver considering the fact that I went through OCS and I am literally a month late for flight school?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So does that mean I am out of luck at this point or can I still get a waiver considering the fact that I went through OCS and I am literally a month late for flight school?

Age waivers won’t be granted for non-prior service, regardless of circumstances.

The only real Hail Mary attempt you have is to hope the board meets sooner and you can sneak in to a late-April OCS class.