• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aerial Vehicle Operator (7371) Information

gcfgiv

Yea I was just shooting for close to the same designation hopefully they want more than last cycle and hopefully we both get it…. I found out that there’s gonna be 2 duty stations but they are still under construction. And eventually overseas too.
Where are the 2 duty stations supposed to be ? As far as I know sea duty in Cali, and possible BAMS in JAX for shore (which is where is am trying to get back to) if this thing is nice and they allow us to pilot the BAMS I would ideally like to do that as I already know the MPRF community and mission sets.

Cmck93

AVO application
Point Mugu CA and VA beach and the CA will set up for Japan later on and I know that this program will eventually supply for all the other drone platforms but I don’t know if it’ll be changing from platforms or just new warrants for the other platforms

gcfgiv

Point Mugu CA and VA beach and the CA will set up for Japan later on and I know that this program will eventually supply for all the other drone platforms but I don’t know if it’ll be changing from platforms or just new warrants for the other platforms
Well my ultimate goal is to be a UAS Pilot working for a TACCO inside a P-8, having the TACCO tell me what he needs to make a good mission decision and me flying from inside the airplane. But that will probably be smoke and mirrors and never happen

Cmck93

AVO application
I just really want to fly drones, I think it’s neat as hell. I also found out what it like to operate a little bit, tritons get a co pilot, stingrays don’t get that luxury.

gcfgiv

I just really want to fly drones, I think it’s neat as hell. I also found out what it like to operate a little bit, tritons get a co pilot, stingrays don’t get that luxury.
Darn, who is going to get 2P time at the controls and wear the copilot patch. But makes sense 18s and 35s are normally 1 pilot, why not save the money and have 1 pilots. I guess biggest thing anyone in this platform can do is try to keep the mishap rate low, or bring it down to manned aircraft mishap ratings at least.

gcfgiv

One thing I did notice with most of the WO selectees is that most of them where in helicopter squadrons.

Cmck93

AVO application
I was told that it was going to be an enlisted in charge of the launch and the WO takes over after launch.

Cmck93

AVO application
I have no clue if there is any bias towards preferred experience, but I feel like fixed wing would make more since for this platform…. The fire scouts on the other hand…

gcfgiv

Still no updates on the SharePoint regarding an At Board list
Any word yet on the at board list or should we just wait till results. It seems like people don't care too much about this program. I however am rather excited, I also just want to even know what the percentage of people they are going to pick are.