• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adversary Squadrons

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kolja said:
.......last time I saw it, each pilot had his photo taken in a Soviet AF uniform in front of one of the MiGs on static display .....

советский снайпер (sp? -- *sigh*, memory ... ) ... or "Sovietsky Snaiper" is what we used to have embroidered on our Adversary S.H. flight suits and this is what we got from "unofficial sources" to complement the Adversary get-up:

sovietsniper2qj.jpg

We, also, found it entertaining ..... :)

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
speaking of....
saw 5 or so f-5 adversaries in meridian today. blue camo scheme gave it away.

CavemanOgg

Saw some blue and grey F-5's landing at NAS Pensacola this morning and figured they were some sort of adversaries and that i should look them up when i got home..... then just happened to jump on airwarriors (for a totally unrelated reason) and go into a thread all about em.... wierd.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CavemanOgg said:
Saw some blue and grey F-5's landing at NAS Pensacola this morning and figured they were some sort of adversaries and that i should look them up when i got home..... then just happened to jump on airwarriors (for a totally unrelated reason) and go into a thread all about em.... wierd.

Were they F-5s or were they T-38s.... they look nearly identical and there are T-38s out of Columbus, MS.

Grant

Fly Navy said:
Were they F-5s or were they T-38s.... they look nearly identical and there are T-38s out of Columbus, MS.

Thats what I was thinking too...

T-38:
t-38_at-38b.jpg

F-5:
f-5_5.jpg

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
I THINK they were T-38s with NASA markings... seen them before on the ground... but only caught them in the pattern yesterday

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
The ones I saw up here said Marines on the side less the "ribbon" on the top of the vert stab.... this leads me to think they weren't from columbus.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
CavemanOgg said:

Maybe it's the boys from Fallon stopping for fuel -- enroute to Boca Chica?? Where would YOU rather fly and go on liberty :

:icon_rast Fallon or Key West ??? :icon_carn

pict00318fp.jpg
keywestbeachbig4pp.jpg

CavemanOgg

When i saw them the thought did cross my mind that they could be T-38's, at the time I reasoned that they were something else. I was doing the classic, "Crane your neck and swerve all over the road" technique to check them out so they probably could have been C-5's.

Kolja

Git-r-done
A4sForever said:
Maybe it's the boys from Fallon stopping for fuel -- enroute to Boca Chica?? Where would YOU rather fly and go on liberty :

:icon_rast Fallon or Key West ??? :icon_carn

pict00318fp.jpg
keywestbeachbig4pp.jpg

Should I REALLY answer that? :D
(come to think of it, I think I already did on this thread...)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Before everyone else gets all hot and hostile --- IF if was the boys from Fallon, i.e., the Saints, they have BOTH single and two seaters ..... but really, who cares .... ???? It's not worth getting into a pissing contest over, is it ??? Surely there are more important things to discuss .... Game, set, match ..... ?? :)

f5dp115sc.jpg
vfc-13.gif
f5dp171fa.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
toocool41 said:
......... but thanks for your 2 cents brett. .....you must be part of the film actors guild

..... By the way --- small point , it's not the "film actors guild" --- that would be "FAG" ... and very poor taste on your part. It's the "SCREEN actors guild", i.e., "SAG".

I am a member --- I had to join to get paid when I did a commercial for an airline I used to work for . In case anyone cares, .... the airline went out of business.