• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advanced Attrites

Lips

when you get right down to it, in my limited boat experience, the people who need to DQ, DQ. no matter what the curve, or tracom standard is. if the grades are low or high, people still get qualed and move on to the rag. im sure a lot of people (those who've posted them here) remember their flight school boat grades, but they don't count once you're qualed and most people i know dont remember (i for one). additionally, they're grades in a 45, not with what you'll actually practice your trade.

Lips

great story aviatorshade. as a jet pilot, i too, know everything. more on the subject of attrites in advanced. the time i spent in k-rock, there were very, very few strike attrites. most were of their own choice. i.e., struggling, but not wanting to continue for whatever reason (didn't want to be there, didnt want to keep fighting, etc.). also, phase II attrites, i would say 99% are due to the boat and even then, there really arent that many. most of the attrites from k-rock while i were there were e2/c2 guys or people who crashed jets and ran into parked jets.

zilber

pilot
aviatorshade said:
When I was in K-rock our civilian student control officer, we'll call her "Pat", said that in her twelve years there had been two and only two Marine Attrites given pipeline transfers. One was due to ACM air sickness (how did he get through Tac Form?), and the other due to an ACM injury that pretty much would permanently limit him to no more than 3-4 G's. The lucky Marine who received the pipeline transfer did not DQ at the boat twice, but he did get all of his downs in Phase II. He is a good friend of mine and yes, to his credit he was sort of drafted into jets with a mediocre NSS but still above 52 (Marine Cutoff). I'm not sure how much that had to do with his getting the transfer, but it may have been a factor.
Why did this Marine get a transfer when so many others didn't? Our senior Marine (Hornet bubba) was a great leader who made it his personal mission to try to change what had shafted so many good Marines before. He cited the Navy's success with jet attrites who had gone on to be #1 in helos and props from just the 3 years that he was there. He also noted many of them didn't even make it to phase II. He got the Matsg colonel on board and sent it up the chain. DENIED....And why? In his words, "because certain senior aviators in the other communities see it as recycling our trash through them and that hurts their ego." Are you kidding me? Ego comes before fleet capability and readiness?
Wait kittyfish, I thought you said the Good Senior Marine got his stud a pipeline transfer? He did, and I'm going to tell you how if you have a secret clearence, read on. He went to the Marine Corps little talked about but very powerful: Harrier Mafia. Seems if you fly that warbeast you know ever other warrior that does same as well as everyone he knows, his kids, pets, ect... I even think they share wives, but I digress. Anyway, the mafia came through and worked a six degrees of "who do I know in Headquarters Marine Corps" to get him a pipeline transition. This Marine even got to choose. He chose C-130's, is kicking ass, and will be a great asset to that community.
Jet guys get a lot of ****e for having inflated egos. Much of that ****e is deserved, you should hear the grief I get for cruising junior colleges at night in my flightsuit and sunglasses looking for any hot girls who have seen Top Gun. It's ludicrazy! That being said, if grades are any sort of indicator jet studs have already demonstrated "above average" potential to be a pilot in some airframe. Not giving them a chance in your community (esp. if they attrited for something TACAIR specific) and labeling them recycled trash to help ones own ego is shortsighted and not in the best interest of the Navy/Marine Corps. Feel free to make fun of them for talking with their hands, and always using callsigns whatever, but in the end it is one team/one fight. How do I know this? I'm a jet pilot, I know everything. END RANT.....
I am glad everything worked out for him. He is an awesome guy. I sure will kick some ass in that community. They are lucky to get him.

About the E2/C2 students in intermediate in corpus, I know a few who left with 70+ NSS from T-44's, and they kicked ass in T-45's. I know a few who left with an NSS in their 30's. It's all about who you get as an onwing in T-44's and how you do in your initial stages of flying. Just like in primary, after 20 flights, everyone usually is on par, so it's the initial flights that will make your grades. Other than multi-engine flying and NDB, there is nothing new from the T-34 in T-44's, which is why those initial flights are critical... if you care about your NSS... If you don't, just go out and have fun, and enjoy your "work." I have had the time of my life flying these planes. While my college friends sit at their computer desks or are working on their master's degrees, I get to fly 22 million dollar planes :) Actually, I am waiting to start the RAG, which is why I am sitting in front of a computer writing this ridiculously long post :)