• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Typical Day at TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

Malice 1 said:
I had my heart set on finishing TBS very shortly after my Fiance graduated from school, so we could move to florida together and drink margaritas on the beach. She graduates tommorrow, and I haven't even been comissioned yet. D'oh!

Send her down here; I'm sure I can find someone with whom to drink margaritas on the beach :D

(If you're reading this, I'm kidding, honey!)

Seriously, you drew the short straw with that OSO. Sorry it didn't work out, but lesson learned: It is your career. Never leave anything important in the hands of someone else. Always follow up - if anything, remember BAMCIS? Well, don't be afraid to supervise. It sucks when you realize that you aren't the priority for others - but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Marines always look out for each other, but nobody can look out for you like YOU. Know what I mean?

CPLGRUNT

Married at TBS

Hey all,

I am a prior and married and my wife will be moving to Quantico when I go to TBS. Will I be allowed to live with her when we are not in the field???....any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Sgt. Dube were you ever in the drill field???

Whalebite

Yes you can live off base, but for the first 4 months you will probably be too tired to drive home, but people here seem to do it somehow.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Whalebite said:
Yes you can live off base, but for the first 4 months you will probably be too tired to drive home, but people here seem to do it somehow.

I lived in housing, which is a little longer drive than Stafford and I went home every night, I can only think of 2 or 3 nights I didn't go home. Yeah, I lost a little sleep but it was worth it because the wife-unit always had a hot meal and cold beer waiting, not to mention a warm bed...plus I got to see my son.

TBS......we were just talking in the ready room about how our whining has degraded from "man being in the field sux, especially when its raining, I don't wanna go on the patrol tonight.." at TBS, to "dammit, I gotta prefight in the dark AGAIN"...

It's a tough life

lucky1899

Tbs

remember, a *****ing marine is a happy marine. I just got 0302 (#1 choice), and I complain about the field as much as anyone. yay, 10 more weeks at camp barrett!!! infantry, the ultimate in misery, yet I still picked it...what have I done?

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Pay at IFS

Couldnt find this anywhere else. Do you go on active duty at IFS (read: do you get paid when you go to IFS if its before TBS) or do you wait until you pick up with your TBS company?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Is the FIP program still available? If so that could be an option. The only difference between that and IFS is with FIP you aren't on active duty yet and you do it at your home town, other than that it's the same: 25 hours in small single engine fixed wing. You don't have to be commissioned, but you do have to be OCS complete. I opted for this program and had it done before I commissioned. Oddly enough, I was still elidgible for IFS after TBS (hopefully they changed that, there is no reason to do both), I know of a couple of guys in my company that did it. Since there was limited IFS slots I didn't want to take one away after already doing it, plus I was ready to get out of Quantico and start API.

Just some food for thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.