• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Typical Day at TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcecho4

pilot
However, gortex is the uniform of the day for all warrant officers at all times.
Nasties.

s/f,
usmcecho4

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
You know I've noticed that. Maybe its because I grew accustomed to 25 degree weather, so 55 degrees isn't cold for me anymore. But they sure do love that goretex jacket.

KBayDog

Yeah - when I left church this morning, the temp was only 74 degrees. Those WOs would be miserable here.

lucky1899

huh?

Killer2 said:
We had a Lt. who just got out of TBS come and talk to us, English Major, got an 82.

You guys really know how to paint a pretty picture of this place. It almost sounds like you never want to leave. I guess those 300 word essays are more then just to screw your time management. (Doubt it)

first rule of the marine corps: if it sounds too good to be true, it always is. If I was that lieutenant I would have said,"you think OCS sucks? standby. TBS makes OCS look like pus$y sh1t." we just did FEX 3, I cant wait to get out of here. its not that its so physically hard, or anything...its just so...depressing. you basically live for the weekend when you can go to DC to drown your sorrows. god save your soul if you fail land nav and they take that away from you too.

Malice 1

pilot
OMFG you guys are breaking my heart.

I have 2 weeks before I get comissioned. 2 weeks to turn it all down and go fly somewhere else. Can someone verifly that there is anything good about being a Marine 2LT? I hear NOTHING but suck stories.

Crowbar

None
Malice 1 said:

I have 2 weeks before I get comissioned. 2 weeks to turn it all down and go fly somewhere else. Can someone verifly that there is anything good about being a Marine 2LT? I hear NOTHING but suck stories.

TBS is nothing but suck stories. But TBS is not the Marine Corps. It sucks to begin with but once you get to the fleet it is a completely different world.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Crowbar said:
TBS is nothing but suck stories. But TBS is not the Marine Corps. It sucks to begin with but once you get to the fleet it is a completely different world.

Heck, once you get to flight school it'll be a completely different world, in all aspects!

Good times

KBayDog

Malice 1 said:

99% of the time, the suck stories are what makes the Marine Corps great! The worst times become the best times with the passing of time, and a few beers. Shared suffering is what makes us so tight. It's almost perverse how we take joy in suffering.

That said, the genuinely great times far outweigh the tough times. Don't turn down your commission - you will never forgive yourself.

My favorite recruiting poster: We Don't Promise You a Rose Garden.

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
KBayDog said:
My favorite recruiting poster: We Don't Promise You a Rose Garden.

Hell yeah!

For those of you that don't know,
CLICK HERE

Definitely my favorite too, along with this one,
bPosterChestyPuller.jpg

and this one, which makes me laugh nowadays for some reason:
post_usmc_become-marine-officer_ww2.jpg

[/THREADJACK]

Malice 1

pilot
God damn, guys! you jumped all over that one.

I forgot to press the sarcasm button on my keyboard. I am still getting used to the emotionless internet comm. tools known as "forums". I am gonna stick it out through The Big Suck and get back into flying upsidedown just like my ol' CFII days.

I am still absolutely ****ing furious at my OSO for forgetting to turn in my comissioning app. month after month after month, and I'm pissed at the NS great lakes flight surgeon for losing my flight physical paperwork, TWICE, but I know that flight school will be a blast.

KBayDog

Malice 1 said:
I am still absolutely ****ing furious at my OSO for forgetting to turn in my comissioning app. month after month after month, and I'm pissed at the NS great lakes flight surgeon for losing my flight physical paperwork, TWICE,

Fortunately, that will be the very last time you ever have an administrative error, or a problem with the folks at medical :icon_roll

Malice 1

pilot
I just got a PM from a young man who was frantic about his future as a Marine aviator, so let me explain what happened and vindicate (somewhat) my poor OSO's character.

I joined the PLC as a freshman in college and went to jrs. after my frosh year. I had filled out all of my paperwork stating that I would graduate in May of 05. After returning to school with a new found sense of responsibility and vigor, I started taking 18-22 credit hours per semester. This is mostly due to the fact that I was attending a podunk satellite campus of Kansas state University majoring in "professional aviation".

I called my OSO and told him I was moving my grad date up to DEC 04. He said OK. In july of 04, while I was at srs., he left the Marine Corps. He forgot to tell his replacement OSO that I was graduating earlier than originally stated. He also forgot to note my change of plans on any of my contract docs.

In late NOV of 04, during a casual conversation with the new OSO, I brought up the fact that I would be graduating in a few weeks and I need to know some details on comissioning. THe New OSO shat a golden egg, turned blue, and started frolicing about wildly trying to get me up to speed. He told me that this minor inconvenience would only set me back a few weeks. Here I am today, a construction worker for Texel corp, still listening to my OSO say, "It'll just be a couple more weeks!! Hang in there!" I've been hearing that BS for six months now.

The flight surgeon has no excuse. I don't care if I am insulting a comissioned officer or not. He was about as squared away as a tire.

I had my heart set on finishing TBS very shortly after my Fiance graduated from school, so we could move to florida together and drink margaritas on the beach. She graduates tommorrow, and I haven't even been comissioned yet. D'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.