• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Well, there are my 3 replies to get caught up on like 2 weeks of this thread I missed. Man guys, every time I check in on this forum I leave with anxiety haha. I always feel like I'm going to for sure get picked up until I hang out here. There are just so many impressive applicants here, doomsayers in the forum, and plenty of people with similar scores to me that got passed over. I'm hoping that by the first week of December I'm excited and relaxed about the future and ready to see you guys at OCS next year.
I think the people that are more committed or enthusiastic have a higher propensity to hang out on these forums, meaning that many of the applicants you see here are closer to the top of the applicant class. I could be wrong, and there are definitely people not on the forum who have stellar scores, but overall, the people who care the most are going to want to find like-minded people.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Don't forget the cesspool known as Twitter! If you're looking for some incredibly braindead takes on anything, just browse Twitter for about 30 seconds.
Oh definitely, but in the world of navy specific things you can't get much worse than r/newtothenavy. It's people asking genuine questions about joining, to include about stuff we're doing, and then just getting SHIT on by the hoard.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Oh definitely, but in the world of navy specific things you can't get much worse than r/newtothenavy. It's people asking genuine questions about joining, to include about stuff we're doing, and then just getting SHIT on by the hoard.
Dude seriously, I browsed it for a few days looking for ASTB tips and had to leave. But then again, every subreddit has the potential to become a quarantine zone because of how toxic people can be.

WorldWar33.3

I know what you're talking about, and I saw the opposite a few days ago when this guy posted something like:

"I want to be an IS or a CT. I did coke, mushrooms, acid, MJ, and heroin 9 years ago. Should I put that on my SF86?"
The common response was "No, don't mention it... Why do they need to know something from 9 years ago? You get arrested?"
Then he was like "No! I'm going to be honest! Fuck you and your horseshit advice!"
"Ok... don't know why you asked, but good luck, druggie!"

Youtube comments are pretty awful too.

justin2023

Have any of you been able to practice the emergency procedures at home? Or is it just fly by seat of pants during the test? Would be a real shame to stupidly mess up an EP and tank your score.
For the EP I preset them so when it showed up on the screen I would just hit the clutch and it would reset. It was in the same order as when it showed the instructions on the page before it starts that section

justin2023

I really hate having an 8 PFAR lol, god forbid I dont get selected for some reason I dont want to have to try for a 9 and risk lower scores. I know an 8 is good but seeing others pulling 9's makes me itch a little lmao
I think with an 8 PFAR and that GPA you should be solid man. I'm nervous applying for BDCP with a lower GPA and a "meh" PFAR

ChandosT

I think with an 8 PFAR and that GPA you should be solid man. I'm nervous applying for BDCP with a lower GPA and a "meh" PFAR
Your GPA is a little close to the threshold of 2.8 which might spook them a bit. What's your major in? A STEM degree makes you more competitive for it

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Have 7s always been considered "ok" with respect to previous boards? I remember seeing somewhere that all 7s was basically a "Yes" from the board, but that's obviously not the case now.

Also, according to this website, a 7 means you did better than 77%-89% of other people. It doesn't specify whether or not that's everyone who's ever taken the ASTB.

ChandosT

Have 7s always been considered "ok" with respect to previous boards? I remember seeing somewhere that all 7s was basically a "Yes" from the board, but that's obviously not the case now.

Also, according to this website, a 7 means you did better than 77%-89% of other people. It doesn't specify whether or not that's everyone who's ever taken the ASTB.
I believe it fluctuates. There's been times in history where they're hurting so bad for bodies that straight 5's would get your foot in the door.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
To piggyback off this, I think that passing the Fundamentals of Engineering used to be determined by how well you did compared to the rest of the people who took it that year or something like that.

The scoring system is different now, but it's wild to think that you could suck ass on the exam and still pass because someone in a different state happened to be worse at it than you.

Of course, that could all be false BS that I heard back in college, so don't take my word for it lol

WorldWar33.3

The scoring system is different now, but it's wild to think that you could suck ass on the exam and still pass because someone in a different state happened to be worse at it than you.

Of course, that could all be false BS that I heard back in college, so don't take my word for it lol
Honestly, it doesn't seem like false BS. Besides knowingly missing one math problem, and a couple of the UAV parking lots, I thought I killed the test the last time I took it. I was expecting at least triple 8s, then I saw 6/7/6 lol

OptionsDollaraire

Honestly, it doesn't seem like false BS. Besides knowingly missing one math problem, and a couple of the UAV parking lots, I thought I killed the test the last time I took it. I was expecting at least triple 8s, then I saw 6/7/6 lol
Did you feel like you tracked the airplanes well during the PBM?