• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Kyle25

For those of you who had LASIK, how long did it take for you to go to MEPS?

I’m post 6 months LASIK as of this month, just waiting on MEPS.
I got LASIK post MEPS, so probably not the best source of info for what you're looking for, but it took about 2 months for me after submitting my LASIK paperwork to hear back that I was medically qualified for SNA. My recruiter also said that MEPS wrote the letter to N3M for her, so it did somewhat go through MEPS, so my timeline guesstimate would be somewhere around that, although I know each situation is its own thing.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
I got LASIK post MEPS, so probably not the best source of info for what you're looking for, but it took about 2 months for me after submitting my LASIK paperwork to hear back that I was medically qualified for SNA. My recruiter also said that MEPS wrote the letter to N3M for her, so it did somewhat go through MEPS, so my timeline guesstimate would be somewhere around that, although I know each situation is its own thing.
To piggyback off this, it took me about the same amount of time to get medically cleared for SNA since I went to MEPS before my surgery. I had to ask my doctor to administer the depth perception test to me tho because I needed to re-do it

CC2224Clone

Well, if my situation ends up the same I’ll be cutting it close to the deadline. We will see…

CC2224Clone

Here’s a funny short story for y’all. When I took the ASTB the staff was listening to some internet radio station and “Danger Zone” came on. Maybe it’s a sign?

BDavis11

Contributor
They started using enlisted recruiters for some officer recruiter functions, that is where the issue is probably coming from, if they sent a few of the enlisted recruiters to mast that did that I would think the rest would think twice.
Where can I find the dashboard

Kyle25

Here’s a funny short story for y’all. When I took the ASTB the staff was listening to some internet radio station and “Danger Zone” came on. Maybe it’s a sign?
Lol, had a similar thing myself. On my drive to my testing site the morning of the ASTB I had my phone on shuffle; and "Danger Zone," "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" and "In the Navy" by the Village People all came on back to back. I took that as a sign. ?

davidc1220

I am also considering other options such as the army and the air force since the board for us is far away. Doesn't hurt to have a plan b or c in place

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
I am also considering other options such as the army and the air force since the board for us is far away. Doesn't hurt to have a plan b or c in place
Have you considered retaking the ASTB? That 5 AQR might be hurting you a little bit. Scores aren't bad by any means, the 7 PFAR is pretty solid

LGuapo

So what happens to us old folks if we get selected? Do they give us priority class dates so that we don't age out? Or are they not looking that far ahead? I will be 32 in October 2023 and commissioning by then is looking pretty slim at this point.