• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

extraschmedium

Been getting paperwork and everything for about a year, year and a half. My disappointment at this cancellation is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Also, if we comment more we can get the ball rolling early towards 200 pages in the thread so we find out earlier once October rolls around, right?

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Been getting paperwork and everything for about a year, year and a half. My disappointment at this cancellation is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Also, if we comment more we can get the ball rolling early towards 200 pages in the thread so we find out earlier once October rolls around, right?
Same situation for me, trying to stay as positive as I can with the cancellation. Definitely sucks but I agree, let’s get the ball rolling on 200 pages! ?

Kyle25

Yeah, due to a screw up at Meps (shocker right?) where they put my paperwork in an air force pile for over 5 months and never looked for it even with my recruiter and I constantly trying to check on it, and then eventually needing lasik, I hit the 2 year mark this month; so I definitely feel the disappointment.

And yes, I've heard from a secret contact that if we hit 200 pages before the board even convenes they're forced to meet early and immediately release the results. ;)

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Yeah, due to a screw up at Meps (shocker right?) where they put my paperwork in an air force pile for over 5 months and never looked for it even with my recruiter and I constantly trying to check on it, and then eventually needing lasik, I hit the 2 year mark this month; so I definitely feel the disappointment.

And yes, I've heard from a secret contact that if we hit 200 pages before the board even convenes they're forced to meet early and immediately release the results. ;)
What was your eyesight at that you realized you needed lasik?

Kyle25

What was your eyesight at that you realized you needed lasik?
So I didn't find out I needed it until I went to meps. My prescription was actually well within standards, it was my uncorrected visual acuity that was too poor. I had not had that tested in a while so I assumed I was fine, but I was very wrong. My right eye was uncorrected 20/70 and my left was 20/100. But now post lasik I'm rocking a 20/15 in both eyes, so definitely was worth it.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
So I didn't find out I needed it until I went to meps. My prescription was actually well within standards, it was my uncorrected visual acuity that was too poor. I had not had that tested in a while so I assumed I was fine, but I was very wrong. My right eye was uncorrected 20/70 and my left was 20/100. But now post lasik I'm rocking a 20/15 in both eyes, so definitely was worth it.
Was it during the eye tests at MEPS that they told you or post MEPS? I rock glasses at night when I fly cause I’m ever so slightly nearsighted

Kyle25

Was it during the eye tests at MEPS that they told you or post MEPS? I rock glasses at night when I fly cause I’m ever so slightly nearsighted
It was when they sent my medical into N3M to get approved, so it came back as medically approved for SNFO but not for SNA. Although as soon as I took the eye tests at MEPS I knew what was going to happen because I saw the numbers I got. If you're only slightly nearsighted and you already got medically approved after MEPS I would assume you'd be fine, but don't quote me on that.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
It was when they sent my medical into N3M to get approved, so it came back as medically approved for SNFO but not for SNA. Although as soon as I took the eye tests at MEPS I knew what was going to happen because I saw the numbers I got. If you're only slightly nearsighted and you already got medically approved after MEPS I would assume you'd be fine, but don't quote me on that.
Yeah my OR said everything went through and we never heard anything back so I assume everything was all clear. I remember the lady giving my eye test at MEPS had me try one of the lines and she told me the first character was a letter. I said certainly that’s a number and you’re messing with me right? ?

Kyle25

Yeah my OR said everything went through and we never heard anything back so I assume everything was all clear. I remember the lady giving my eye test at MEPS had me try one of the lines and she told me the first character was a letter. I said certainly that’s a number and you’re messing with me right? ?
Those lines were the bane of my meps experience ? I was trying so hard to read the lines and my mask kept fogging up the lenses I had to look through, so it took me like 5 minutes of attempts to realize that it wasn't just the fog, I was just way more blind than I realized.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Those lines were the bane of my meps experience ? I was trying so hard to read the lines and my mask kept fogging up the lenses I had to look through, so it took me like 5 minutes of attempts to realize that it wasn't just the fog, I was just way more blind than I realized.
I was terrified to do those lines hahaha, I was so worried I was gonna find out my eyes were worse than I thought too. Luckily the lady was extremely outgoing that did mine and she kept telling me “you’re doin just fine hun” ?

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
My lenses kept fogging up and I almost wiped it with my shirt and the lady almost killed me

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Well fellas, May board is starting to get results, some of them are getting late 2023 OCS dates and some FY24. Could be a good thing for us but man we've got a while till we get to this career if selected