• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

OptionsDollaraire

You could have just been upfront with the recruiter and told him (1) I meet the CO/CDR and he said it’s fine for me to contact him and (2) you planned/actually did to contact him.
Upfront about what? The commander telling me I can contact him whenever I want? I don’t understand how civilians are expected to know this and now at the cost of having my package withheld until next board.

ijsha_brooks

JustDoIt!
Anyone know what time submissions are due tomorrow?
He’s been extremely helpful. I had to submit a conditional release and a waiver after the deadline. I wouldn’t wait too long though!
Thank you ! I was able to get ahold of the document I needed. Phew! Now let’s just hope medical gives me a green light and get it off to the board. Good luck to everyone applying. I am literally reading some of these post and feel so bad for priors that don’t have their chains full support. Hope you still keep pushing until your told no.

Upwardbound

Thank you ! I was able to get ahold of the document I needed. Phew! Now let’s just hope medical gives me a green light and get it off to the board. Good luck to everyone applying. I am literally reading some of these post and feel so bad for priors that don’t have their chains full support. Hope you still keep pushing until your told no.
I never reached out to any of my old millitary chain of command. Im applying as a prior but with recommendations from people who knew me after the mil.

ijsha_brooks

JustDoIt!
I never reached out to any of my old millitary chain of command. Im applying as a prior but with recommendations from people who knew me after the mil.
Not necessarily you, but I’ve been reading through a lot of threads in general and saw a few personnel getting no joy from their chains and missing the deadline. But goodluck to you also.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Upfront about what? The commander telling me I can contact him whenever I want? I don’t understand how civilians are expected to know this and now at the cost of having my package withheld until next board.

Just like how your recruiter is upfront with you, you could have been upfront with him/her about the CDR having open comms.

Upwardbound

Not necessarily you, but I’ve been reading through a lot of threads in general and saw a few personnel getting no joy from their chains and missing the deadline. But goodluck to you also.
All good, im just saying i would never because active duty chain of commands are just… idk man, unwilling to help sometimes.

exNavyOffRec

Anyone know what the deal is with this situation? Met the Commander (O5) at the recruiting station and struck up a conversation awhile back. Was able to get his phone number and he told me "if you need anything or have any questions don't hesitate to contact me". Well, I had a question on my packet and getting a prior service question ironed out before I miss this board. Told my recruiter of the recommendation that the Commander gave me and my recruiter got really mad at me saying "I jumped the chain of command and that is totally inappropriate and unacceptable." Now he won't even get back to me and packages are due tomorrow. Anyone have any insight? Might be joining the folks for the next board at this rate...
You probably should have given your recruiter a heads up after you had that interaction with the CO, but also your recruiter still has a job to do and shouldn't be ignoring you as that is just unprofessional.

68Chev

He’s been extremely helpful. I had to submit a conditional release and a waiver after the deadline. I wouldn’t wait too long though!
I might be completely out of the loop here... but who is this Paul we all keep referring to?

wonderb0iwl

I have no idea how it all works but apparently my package is submitted but I still need to clear medical and send in some documents. I guess he got a waiver or something? I thought you needed to clear medical before submitting it.