• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 27NOV2023 INTEL BOARD

EmpireToday

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, I actually heard about it through my recruiter

I am currently a Junior in college studying for a double Major in Finance and Accounting

Gpa: 3.43
Sex: Male
Leadership Experience: I pioneered the start up of a fraternity at my school and served a full two years on the executive board as VP of Finance for one year and VP of Risk Management for the second year (I have measurable goals that I achieved in these roles as well)
ASVAB: 77
OAR Score: not yet taken but I'm studying my ass off after finals
Work Experience: During everything else I've also interned for an accounting firm for the past year

Seriously hoping to go intel. Back ups: NFO and SWO (Hearing SWO may not be a great backup)

My question is would I be competitive if I get a 55 OAR score and does my other background make me competitive (Other than my GPA which I believe is a bit under)?

I’m in on this one as well. 38 years old. Prior enlisted, engineering rate, stationed overseas 3 years. Masters @ 3.5 GPA. Really crossing the fingers on this.. I seem like a long shot but I want to get back in badly. My letters of recommendation are top shelf because all my Navy shipmates are now senior leadership ?.. cheers brothers!

Hey all,

I am currently a Junior in college studying for a double Major in Finance and Accounting

Leadership Experience: I pioneered the start up of a fraternity at my school and served a full two years on the executive board as VP of Finance for one year and VP of Risk Management for the second year (I have measurable goals that I achieved in these roles as well)
Work Experience: During everything else I've also interned for an accounting firm for the past year

Seriously hoping to go intel. Back ups: NFO and SWO (Hearing SWO may not be a great backup)

My question is would I be competitive if I get a 55 OAR score and does my other background make me competitive (Other than my GPA which I believe is a bit under)?
exNavyOffRec answered what makes an Intel packet competitive earlier in this thread (OAR doesn't really matter, GPA does). I think you would get a more accurate response in the "What NRC considers competitive" thread for your back up options.

Hey all,

Your GPA is on the low side of average for a designator that tends to have selection rates around 10-20%. While your leadership experience is good, they aren't really going to care about that and they certainly won't care about your ASVAB. That being said, people do occasionally get picked up with GPAs similar to yours, so it is definitely still worth shooting your shot, just don't be surprised if you don't get selected. You still have time to bump your GPA up though so if you get it up to like a 3.6 and get a 55 on the OAR you'd help your chances quite a bit. Still wouldn't be a sure thing, but you'd be more in the fight.

As for other designators, have you looked at Supply at all? That's where a lot of the MPA types go and your background in accounting and finance matches up pretty well with that.

Gideon265

Congratulations to everyone who got picked up. I got picked up for Supply so I’ll go with that. See you guys at OCS.