• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Redsky330

South Texas Sunset with my kayak. Hopefully tomorrow will bring us all some good news. Or just news. My boss is offering me a substantial raise to stay. Anybody else need to make a move soon? I am getting worried the offer will expire and I won't get the Y.View attachment 24561

Lol, im just moving regardless of the Y.

Personally, I'd tell him i'll get back to him end of this week.

I feel like it's better to be honest in these situations. It wouldnt sit right with me to lead him on as a fall back.

That's just me though

Tacticalhusky

Lol, im just moving regardless of the Y.

Personally, I'd tell him i'll get back to him end of this week.

I feel like it's better to be honest in these situations. It wouldnt sit right with me to lead him on as a fall back.

That's just me though
That's admirable. However, contingency plans are always good things to have, and as somebody else mentioned, there are no repercussions. It will likely be weeks-months before leaving for OCS. Why would you not want to make as much money as possible?

Redsky330

That's admirable. However, contingency plans are always good things to have, and as somebody else mentioned, there are no repercussions. It will likely be weeks-months before leaving for OCS. Why would you not want to make as much money as possible?

Yes, contingency plans are good and practical. I have some as well.
That said, it's a personal stance that I want to be transparent with all relationships in my life, including employers.
This stance may not be to my material benefit, but to Me, this stance is more important than making money.

We're all here to join the military. I'm hoping none of us are joining for the Money hahaha.

Pilotboyg

Yes, contingency plans are good and practical. I have some as well.
That said, it's a personal stance that I want to be transparent with all relationships in my life, including employers.
This stance may not be to my material benefit, but to Me, this stance is more important than making money.

We're all here to join the military. I'm hoping none of us are joining for the Money hahaha.
I have to agree with you. Transparency is important. It also is important to not burn bridges. If a future potential employer calls them I am sure they would not be happy about taking the extra money and leaving anyway. I would personally consider that being very dishonest. But hey, that's just me.

aMicD

I have to agree with you. Transparency is important. It also is important to not burn bridges. If a future potential employer calls them I am sure they would not be happy about taking the extra money and leaving anyway. I would personally consider that being very dishonest. But hey, that's just me.
It's not just you. The raise is intended to persuade me to continue working here rather than leave for OCS. I doubt taking the offer and leaving would reconcile with my conscience. It's actually kind of depressing how many people here see no issue with taking the raise and bouncing in a few months. That feels so dishonorable. I expected certain things would be understood in a community like this.