• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

NCCGT

It's not just you. The raise is intended to persuade me to continue working here rather than leave for OCS. I doubt taking the offer and leaving would reconcile with my conscience. It's actually kind of depressing how many people here see no issue with taking the raise and bouncing in a few months. That feels so dishonorable. I expected certain things would be understood in a community like this.
I’m not saying you should take the money and bounce, but do you think most companies have any issue with laying off thousands of people regardless of their situation or how it will affect their families? Loyalty in the corporate world isn’t what it used to be.

Redsky330

I’m not saying you should take the money and bounce, but do you think most companies have any issue with laying off thousands of people regardless of their situation or how it will affect their families? Loyalty in the corporate world isn’t what it used to be.

True, we're employed at will. They can fire us at any moment, but we're expected to give notice.
It's a disparity.... 3 people at my office were fired within the past 2 months....

But it doesn't have to be that way.
Be the change....
Treat others...

StJP4Us

It's not just you. The raise is intended to persuade me to continue working here rather than leave for OCS. I doubt taking the offer and leaving would reconcile with my conscience. It's actually kind of depressing how many people here see no issue with taking the raise and bouncing in a few months. That feels so dishonorable. I expected certain things would be understood in a community like this.
Such virtue signaling. You know defense contractors such as Boeing and Lockheed actually pay differential pay for employees who leave and use USERRA? I'd caution against your mentality here, you're a little high on your horse and don't think the aviation community would benefit from it.

PontusPilot

Contributor
I just really don’t like the fact that they don’t pay you until they are about to lose you ?.

1812TC

some of the people that feel differently about this have had bad employer experiences. opinion is opinion and should be taken at face value and not dive into someone's morality. I have personally missed several reenlistment bonus' and job opportunities only for the gamble to fail. Thus I have learned a valuable lesson, personally, in always taking the open door if it doesn't close the door you are waiting to see is open or not.