• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

nalderman97

It's not just you. The raise is intended to persuade me to continue working here rather than leave for OCS. I doubt taking the offer and leaving would reconcile with my conscience. It's actually kind of depressing how many people here see no issue with taking the raise and bouncing in a few months. That feels so dishonorable. I expected certain things would be understood in a community like this.
It sounds like your employer knows they are underpaying you. They know that your work is more valuable than what they are currently paying you, hence why they would pay you more to keep you. I don’t blame you for not wanting to take the raise, I personally wouldn’t feel right about it either. But it seems like your employer has been enjoying your hard work without paying you what your worth, and they know that. Just something to keep in mind.

Redsky330

RoboBeaver

Mad Scientist/Roboticist
It's not just you. The raise is intended to persuade me to continue working here rather than leave for OCS. I doubt taking the offer and leaving would reconcile with my conscience. It's actually kind of depressing how many people here see no issue with taking the raise and bouncing in a few months. That feels so dishonorable. I expected certain things would be understood in a community like this.

You get paid not for how long you are going to stay, but for the quality of the work that you do. Is your quality of work while you're still there going to go down because you are accepted into OCS? If your work didn't already justify that you should be making that much, then they wouldn't have offered it at all.
You can call the NRC and they will give you a number

But are we thinking big enough??? Lets all just tweet at Trump with a #releasetheresults. Hell get it done then ?

I don't think bothering Mr. Celestin is going to be the best idea moving forward. He is pretty much The Dude when it comes to the applications, and if anyone doesn't make it they don't want to be remembered as the person who constantly pinged him.
And the board doesn't accept LORs via Twitter.

Tacticalhusky

Well on the other hand, my job also has no idea this is my plan. I like to put my ducks in a row before I make plans. If I told my job ages ago that I applied and was leaving, in all honesty they could've fired me and found somebody else, or not even hired me at all.

Redsky330

Thanos

you can Drop On Request any time

That’s why it’s so important to ignore the inevitable self doubt and persevere. It’s a temporary artificial-stress-inducing environment. We just have to remember that OCS is a means to an end, and is not what the real Navy is like.
Of course I say all this in comfort right now haha, but hopefully it’ll be that key idea to push us all through

1812TC

They legally can't do that from an HR standpoint.
irrelevant. Tell that to the dozens of reservists that get "let go" for all sorts of made up shit every year because employers don't want keep losing their employees for training. USERRA states that they cannot fire you based on veteran status and/or military orders, and must hold your position when involuntarily ordered to active duty.... that doesn't mean they cant find some petty reason to let you go, no different than the person in the office that no one likes. it happens.