• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

cyrusu

pilot
I was doing really good with pushups but I’ve injured my shoulder curl ups are good and I think I can run a 1.5 in 9.5-10.5 determining the day haha
I'm a senior at a Senior Military College. Improving your pt score comes down to commitment, repetition, and proper form. My 1.5 mi run is my weakest event (10.5-11), but I've seen improvements by doing cardio twice a week. I enjoy swimming, and that has greatly impacted my run time. Pushups are my strongest, I've maxed them the past few PT tests I've taken them. To improve, a lot of it is breathing! Be sure you synchronize your breathing with your pushups and DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH! Doing 2 minute drills every night helps, but for me, going to the gym regularly helped me incredibly. Once I got my bench press up, my pushups became easy. Now situps. I'm decent (90) but the problem with them is that they don't measure abdominal strength. All they do is determine how good you are at sit ups.... And frankly it has to do with your body type. If you have long legs, you'll struggle. But my tip is to keep your chin glued to your chest when doing them, that way it won't weigh you down. Also when you complete a sit up, fucking drop yourself down. Don't lower yourself, as that will strain your abs.