• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Doc Engel

I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you guys as well. I know it's a bit early to mention this since it will be a while until results but I was stationed at the clinic in Newport from 2013-2018 where OCS is at so if anyone has any questions about the area or OCS or anything medical I should be able to help. I worked in optometry so we dealt with all the OCS personnel coming through for their physicals and I got to see a lot of the OCS process. I again wish everyone luck and I know we are all looking forward to results.

Turtle5403

Do y'all have a work out regimen set up to prep for OCS? I found this: https://www.military.com/military-fitness/ask-stew-navy-pft-preparation-future-ocs-candidate

I'm using a workout generator app called fitbod (I know sounds really lame) I select no weights and it usually gives me a bunch of bodyweight exercises in a circuit type workout with some sort of cardio in the beginning as well. The exercises are usually pretty similar to what I did in Basic Training (Burpees, mountain climbers, pushups, and core workouts, etc). Supplementing that with some pushup and sit-up programs I found so I can be sure I'll be ready for the IST.

Brand0034

Applying for: SNA
ASTB: 58, 7/8/8
GPA: 3.1
Degree: B.S. Biology
Prior Service: None
LOR: O-6, 0-3, Employer, University Professor

So how do we know we are actually submitted for this board? Is there some sort of verification? I literally took the ASTB Dec 3rd and was sent to MEPS Dec 11th and got all of my paperwork, transcripts, and LOR within 10 days. My recruiter has been on top of everything and says I'll be on this board but is there a verification we get?

alezale

So how do we know we are actually submitted for this board? Is there some sort of verification? I literally took the ASTB Dec 3rd and was sent to MEPS Dec 11th and got all of my paperwork, transcripts, and LOR within 10 days. My recruiter has been on top of everything and says I'll be on this board but is there a verification we get?

That is insanely fast. I have been working with my recruiter since July '19. There's no verification as far as I am aware. Just good faith that your recruiter's commander submitted it.

Brand0034

That is insanely fast. I have been working with my recruiter since July '19. There's no verification as far as I am aware. Just good faith that your recruiter's commander submitted it.
Yeah I was actually planning on leaving time to apply to the April board incase I didn't score well and needed to study some more. Then I saw my score and had to rush everyday to complete everything since my recruiter jumped on it.

Joshua H

The only true verification that I know of that you will be seen by the board is the “at-board” list. The list usually comes out about a week before the board convene date. Your OR should have access to this list.

Sjohnny15

Applying for this board:
ASTB: 45, 5/7/7
Degree: Sports Medicine
Active duty
Interview appraisals: O-7, O-6, O-5, O-5
LOR’s are from college professor and current department head.
If not selected, first thing to change will be my ASTB...hopefully it’s enough this time around

DefiningFire

Hey guys! I just resubmitted my package today! Got an N on the last board, but with some Motivational Statement adjustments and a few other changed factors, I'm back in it! Time for the next "Great Wait"! (If you know, you know;))

Applying: SNA
OAR: 54
AQR: 6
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 7
GPA: 2.95
Sex: M
Major: Pre-Med Biology
Prior Service: N

Redsky330

Hey guys! I just resubmitted my package today! Got an N on the last board, but with some Motivational Statement adjustments and a few other changed factors, I'm back in it! Time for the next "Great Wait"! (If you know, you know;))

Applying: SNA
OAR: 54
AQR: 6
PFAR: 8
FOFAR: 7
GPA: 2.95
Sex: M
Major: Pre-Med Biology
Prior Service: N
What else did you adjust?