• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

KFC

I tried to turn my row green and put in my info, but it kicked back as view-only.
I secured the column containing individual data so that people accessing it in the future wouldn't accidentally delete anything. You should still be able to edit the column containing class dates.

NordicSkiGirlNewbie

Hey guys, just posting since I’m very close to finishing up ROM and starting INDOC on 06SEP2020. So definitely bring snacks, you will be fed pretty well during breakfast although sometimes it can be a bit slim, but dinner will always be hot and pretty large. Lunch is gonna be just a sandwich with meat and cheese, possibly a bag of chips, a little granola bar, and maybe a piece of fruit. Also definitely bring a small container of condiment for the sandwiches like mayo, sriracha, or non-perishable mustard something along those lines. I’m a 5’6” female so the food they give is us is plenty for me, but for some of you guys out there the food ranges from 2,000-2,500 calories per day so if you burn that naturally and then are exercising you definitely need to bring some snacks.
Otherwise you do a lot of Moodle modules which contain a lot of general Navy and DoD information. these modules are arduous but if you power through and focus you can get a bunch done within a week, and have the rest of ROM to focus on studying Appendix Bravo. You will take care of a bunch of paperwork during your first two days, and just stay on your toes and keep working on Appendix Bravo. The class of Candidate Officers that have been leading us have been great, and have taught us the basics for formation and PT and what is expected of us. Hopefully this continues with the next incoming class since it will be extremely helpful once we start. You will get to do laundry every 3ish days, and you will have usually 2 PT sessions per day weather dependent. With PT sometimes you’ll do regimented stretching and get into formation before getting sent off to do whatever PT excercises you want to do. You’ll have access to the track and the turf field while out at PT. You’ll be inside your hatch the rest of the time, so just be ready for that. Bring enough clothes for about 6 PT sessions and some civilian clothes. It’s a bit chilly in the rooms so I suggest some sweat pants and sweatshirt. Don’t be afraid to bring too much stuff, it’s just gonna go in a bag once you hit INDOC Sunday after ROM, food can go in there too or get shipped home. Definitely get yourself accustomed to being awake early, breakfast is around 0615 every day so you need to be awake by 0600 and once INDOC phase starts you need to be ready and dressed outside your hatch by 0500 according to the Candidate Officers. So take the time to either get some massive amounts of sleep the weeks leading into ROM or get yourself onto East coast time so you can wake up early. Also I highly suggest buying an alarm clock (no radio), and females I’d suggest buying Got 2Be ultra glued invincible styling gel it’s in a black bottle and this is gonna hold your hair the best (my hair is unmanageable and it holds it in place really well). Otherwise just keep plugging away with your push-ups (make sure you’re hitting 90 degrees and going ALL the way up) and PLANKS on your elbows(1:36 is the minimum to pass for everyone and 4:20 is the maximum). Good luck to everyone, and if anyone has any questions I’ll be around for another couple days before starting INDOC.

almond_615

Otherwise just keep plugging away with your push-ups (make sure you’re hitting 90 degrees and going ALL the way up) and PLANKS on your elbows(1:36 is the minimum to pass for everyone and 4:20 is the maximum). Good luck to everyone, and if anyone has any questions I’ll be around for another couple days before starting INDOC.

Have they officially moved away from the sit-ups?

JSaint23

Hey guys, just posting since I’m very close to finishing up ROM and starting INDOC on 06SEP2020. So definitely bring snacks, you will be fed pretty well during breakfast although sometimes it can be a bit slim, but dinner will always be hot and pretty large. Lunch is gonna be just a sandwich with meat and cheese, possibly a bag of chips, a little granola bar, and maybe a piece of fruit. Also definitely bring a small container of condiment for the sandwiches like mayo, sriracha, or non-perishable mustard something along those lines. I’m a 5’6” female so the food they give is us is plenty for me, but for some of you guys out there the food ranges from 2,000-2,500 calories per day so if you burn that naturally and then are exercising you definitely need to bring some snacks.
Otherwise you do a lot of Moodle modules which contain a lot of general Navy and DoD information. these modules are arduous but if you power through and focus you can get a bunch done within a week, and have the rest of ROM to focus on studying Appendix Bravo. You will take care of a bunch of paperwork during your first two days, and just stay on your toes and keep working on Appendix Bravo. The class of Candidate Officers that have been leading us have been great, and have taught us the basics for formation and PT and what is expected of us. Hopefully this continues with the next incoming class since it will be extremely helpful once we start. You will get to do laundry every 3ish days, and you will have usually 2 PT sessions per day weather dependent. With PT sometimes you’ll do regimented stretching and get into formation before getting sent off to do whatever PT excercises you want to do. You’ll have access to the track and the turf field while out at PT. You’ll be inside your hatch the rest of the time, so just be ready for that. Bring enough clothes for about 6 PT sessions and some civilian clothes. It’s a bit chilly in the rooms so I suggest some sweat pants and sweatshirt. Don’t be afraid to bring too much stuff, it’s just gonna go in a bag once you hit INDOC Sunday after ROM, food can go in there too or get shipped home. Definitely get yourself accustomed to being awake early, breakfast is around 0615 every day so you need to be awake by 0600 and once INDOC phase starts you need to be ready and dressed outside your hatch by 0500 according to the Candidate Officers. So take the time to either get some massive amounts of sleep the weeks leading into ROM or get yourself onto East coast time so you can wake up early. Also I highly suggest buying an alarm clock (no radio), and females I’d suggest buying Got 2Be ultra glued invincible styling gel it’s in a black bottle and this is gonna hold your hair the best (my hair is unmanageable and it holds it in place really well). Otherwise just keep plugging away with your push-ups (make sure you’re hitting 90 degrees and going ALL the way up) and PLANKS on your elbows(1:36 is the minimum to pass for everyone and 4:20 is the maximum). Good luck to everyone, and if anyone has any questions I’ll be around for another couple days before starting INDOC.
Thanks a ton for this, it’s helps more than you know!

NordicSkiGirlNewbie

Have they officially moved away from the sit-ups?
Nothing is official, but everyone is doing planks indefinitely from here on out during the PFA, and further classes will do planks for their testing. It’s just not official cause the Navy hasn’t switched over yet to planks but we do have access to a time versus score/ points diagram.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Hell yeah, this is the kind of gouge people get on AW for. Looks like you guys will be either 06-21 or 07-21s candios. I guess we'll see you then!

tdodge

Is everybody who is receiving dates getting them with their FINSEL? Or is the recruiter reaching out saying they have a date, then have to wait more for the actual FINSEL?

CRunner01

Is everybody who is receiving dates getting them with their FINSEL? Or is the recruiter reaching out saying they have a date, then have to wait more for the actual FINSEL?

My recruiter reached out with just a date, and informed me that the FINSEL comes out roughly 1 month before the OCS start date.

tdodge

Ok. I'm wondering how they determine who gets a date first, maybe it depends on your NRD? Assuming two applicants from different districts put the same start date on their APSR back when we submitted the kit.