• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Flight experience is huge in the AF. It goes into
Your “PCSM” score. It can make a dramatic difference. My unit will pick someone woth flight experience over someone that doesn’t. Wish the Navy took more of that into consideration.
I'd like something in between, I was 97 Pilot 97 CSO on the AFOQT and still got turned down before I even stepped into a recruiters office. Got picked up by the Navy 12 months later. The USAF cares too much about some things to the point where they will overlook highly qualified candidates. They (the USAF) are very much into the objective numbers, a bit too much IMO, to the point where if the numbers are good without a general aptitude for flying someone can get selected over someone who should be flying.

In that regard the USN is more of a whole person approach compared to the USAF and I appreciate that a lot.

Lol this thread with the Contributor tag is hilarious.