• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Look closer at the announcement, the dates aren’t even correct. That board has been cancelled and the website is not reflecting that yet. I promise I’ve asked every question you can ask and voiced every concern you can voice. I have saved any posting until I was absolutely certain. This is coming straight from the mouth of the commanding officer of one of the largest navy recruiting districts in the nation. She is a commander.
As I said before good luck, but don’t be upset if your expectations aren’t going to be met in regards to the posted board.

Sounds like a lot of malarkey. The dates are fine.

Talked to a Captain who said its fine (Midwest region).

Metromedic

Contributor
I read a thread from 2016 where everyone pulled the same cards and had a "normal" recruitment. So, I take it with a grain of salt. I just hope it does not discourage people from applying.
Even with COVID, the boards haven't changed much from what I've seen. The only change really has been quota caps. I can believe my OR when he says the SNA pipeline is backed up and you may not ship till late 21 or early 22 as we saw that with the last board having a ship date in Sept 21. However apparently the SNFO pipeline is wide open and a guaranteed spot if you apply for it as they're desperate according to my OR.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
Even with COVID, the boards haven't changed much from what I've seen. The only change really has been quota caps. I can believe my OR when he says the SNA pipeline is backed up and you may not ship till late 21 or early 22 as we saw that with the last board having a ship date in Sept 21. However apparently the SNFO pipeline is wide open and a guaranteed spot if you apply for it as they're desperate according to my OR.

So I talked to a NROTC LT. that said that they are putting SNA's where they can but possible longer wait times. Said they even threw the idea of larger classes. For NFO's that is exactly what I have heard as well.

Metromedic

Contributor
rr
So I talked to a NROTC LT. that said that they are putting SNA's where they can but possible longer wait times. Said they even threw the idea of larger classes. For NFO's that is exactly what I have heard as well.
Are the quotas for SNA decreased you think or just restrictions d/t COVID?

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
rr

Are the quotas for SNA decreased you think or just restrictions d/t COVID?

I would say restrictions. Pipeline backed up due to COVID. Friend of mine is at PCola now and said there is a need for bodies. Just the restrictions are holding up the pipeline. I am hopeful for this boards given what I have heard. But until I hear something official, who knows.

Metromedic

Contributor
I would say restrictions. Pipeline backed up due to COVID. Friend of mine is at PCola now and said there is a need for bodies. Just the restrictions are holding up the pipeline. I am hopeful for this boards given what I have heard. But until I hear something official, who knows.
I dunno about you, but I applied for both SNA/SNFO as this is the last board for a good amount of time (or at least according to their schedules). While I desire SNA, I feel SNFO will be equally entertaining.

villo0692

First, NRD Atlanta is NOT the entire South East, you missed Miami, Jacksonville and Raleigh. Second, we have ALL heard many different things from many different high ranking officers in the recruiting districts and yet NO OFFICIAL POST has been published. can we PLEASE avoid all of these "I just got off the phone with...", "just talked to...", "I was told by..." unless it some official statement is released? post like these do nothing but discourage people from even trying to join, Idk what reasons any OR has in order to provide their very individual recommendations, but if that's the case, please keep it to yourself, as far as my recruiter told me, board's still ago, and there might be a long time before OCS if accepted, so there's that

Metromedic

Contributor
First, NRD Atlanta is NOT the entire South East, you missed Miami, Jacksonville and Raleigh. Second, we have ALL heard many different things from many different high ranking officers in the recruiting districts and yet NO OFFICIAL POST has been published. can we PLEASE avoid all of these "I just got off the phone with...", "just talked to...", "I was told by..." unless it some official statement is released? post like these do nothing but discourage people from even trying to join, Idk what reasons any OR has in order to provide their very individual recommendations, but if that's the case, please keep it to yourself, as far as my recruiter told me, board's still ago, and there might be a long time before OCS if accepted, so there's that
Thats why I just follow what NCP says as its official.

dvella12

I’ll be anxiously awaiting your acceptance, but please don’t ignore the fact that the navy website many of you are listing as your source to calm your nerves has both January and March as the convening month. As before I wished you nothing, but luck and finding a board so don’t get pouty with with me. My route to a board has ended here until future notice with an OR who cannot submit a packet with direct orders for the CO in regards to SNA/NFO/SWO applicants.

Metromedic

Contributor
I’ll be anxiously awaiting your acceptance, but please don’t ignore the fact that the navy website many of you are listing as your source to calm your nerves has both January and March as the convening month. As before I wished you nothing, but luck and finding a board so don’t get pouty with with me. My route to a board has ended here until future notice with an OR who cannot submit a packet with direct orders for the CO in regards to SNA/NFO/SWO applicants.
Theres also the PDF from NPC so...
https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...uments/FY20 Board Schedule REV 2 COVID-19.pdf

dvella12

I know and have sent this EXACT spread sheet to the Atlanta NRD commanding officer and was told it has been cancelled and the NPC isn’t showing that at this time. Website was moderated 10 days ago FWIW.

I’m not trying to take the wind from anyone’s sails. I’m very jealous of anyone who has an OR or NRD who is telling them they can submit. Please share their numbers ?

I’m just giving the forum my insight from my district so everyone can have a realistic and entire understanding of the environment they are entering.
Again I’m wishing every single one of you guys the fastest route to Pensacola.

Metromedic

Contributor
I know and have sent this EXACT spread sheet to the Atlanta NRD commanding officer and was told it has been cancelled and the NPC isn’t showing that at this time. Website was moderated 10 days ago FWIW.

I’m not trying to take the wind from anyone’s sails. I’m very jealous of anyone who has an OR or NRD who is telling them they can submit. Please share their numbers ?

I’m just giving the forum my insight from my district so everyone can have a realistic and entire understanding of the environment they are entering.
Again I’m wishing every single one of you guys the fastest route to Pensacola.
Have you submitted?