• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Ghost SWO

Contributor
So tired of all the hearsay and just want the board to convene already. In some of the other threads from this past summer, we saw where class sizes were at 50% and then returned to 100%. If class sizes are being cut again, it's very possible that they could return to 100% soon after the January board. Either way, I'll take a FY 22 OCS date if it means a pro-rec y.
Yeah that sucks, I think this forum for the January 25 board jumped the gun a little early by creating this thread mid-September. You guys have another two months to board, then another month roughly for results. That's a lot of time for rumors to grow between now and when results come out lol. It'd probably be good for some people on this thread to take a step back for maybe a month or two until you're much closer to the board date.

Your January board is selecting FY2021 quotas and I would imagine since the 26Oct2020 Aviation board is placing people in the Jul-Sep timeframe that the January board would project OCS dates in the Oct-Dec 2021 range. So yes, technically you're more than likely going to get a FY22 OCS date but the fiscal year in which you go doesn't really matter as you've stated.

villo0692

as far as what my recruiter has told me, selection rate is not going down, but things are backed up, meaning that yeah, if selected we'd probably have to wait quite a bit of time before going to OCS.....that being said, and I know a lot of y'all have mentioned this already, I'd rather know I have been accepted a year away....at least you know its coming....patience my dudes!

villo0692

"The navy website"... which one? There are literally thousands of Navy websites. Just trying to figure out where this December 1 date is coming from.

Metromedic

Contributor
That’s the correct website that is owned by the Navy. The pilot board convenes on 25 Jan 21 and the applications are due 1 Dec with a hard date of 11 Dec.

villo0692

has any of you applied, or is planning to apply to another officer program, say, as a 2nd or 3rd choice, which is dependent on a board that happens after the January SNA/SNFO one? if so, how would it impact your application? thanks!

Metromedic

Contributor
has any of you applied, or is planning to apply to another officer program, say, as a 2nd or 3rd choice, which is dependent on a board that happens after the January SNA/SNFO one? if so, how would it impact your application? thanks!
If I don't get in to either SNA or SNFO on the 25 Jan boards, my plan is to apply for SWO in the Feb boards. I didn't put SWO on my current application as it wouldn't make sense. My OR seemed to like the idea so as far as it having an impact, I would assume it would be little. I don't think they would punish re-application, or at least hope they don't XD

villo0692

If I don't get in to either SNA or SNFO on the 25 Jan boards, my plan is to apply for SWO in the Feb boards. I didn't put SWO on my current application as it wouldn't make sense. My OR seemed to like the idea so as far as it having an impact, I would assume it would be little. I don't think they would punish re-application, or at least hope they don't XD
I was thinking of applying to EOD as my third choice in case I'm not able to put my package on time for the January board, I'm kind of cutting it close....so I was not sure if it would impact my application in any way since the EOD board convenes in September while the next aviation board convenes next May......like how would that work?

Duffman

None
Contributor
SNA/NFO
50 5-7-7
GPA 3.03
Male 23 going to be 24 in January
Major: Marketing
No waivers, No prior service, No flight experience
Package was submitted today
Best of luck to everyone! Don't listen to the rumors, everyone here has a good chance on being selected.

dvella12

I have just spoken with the CO of the Atlanta NRD. The earliest any of these packets will be seen is June of 2021 for an August board. I am just as disappointed as everyone else is. Guys if you believe you are submitting your packet just make sure your officer recruiter is being honest with you. I am hopeful you guys somehow get to a board, but I have a hard time imaging the senior official of the entire southeast recruiting district is spreading rumors. Don’t get discouraged! Keep building strong packets for whenever your time is.

Metromedic

Contributor
I have just spoken with the CO of the Atlanta NRD. The earliest any of these packets will be seen is June of 2021 for an August board. I am just as disappointed as everyone else is. Guys if you believe you are submitting your packet just make sure your officer recruiter is being honest with you. I am hopeful you guys somehow get to a board, but I have a hard time imaging the senior official of the entire southeast recruiting district is spreading rumors. Don’t get discouraged! Keep building strong packets for whenever your time is.

I don't know where he's getting that information from. The board convenes on 25 Jan 21 with a results posting of 2-3 weeks after the meeting. You can see this information on the Navy's official website at https://applynavy.com/index.php/events/aviation-board-2/.

dvella12

I don't know where he's getting that information from. The board convenes on 25 Jan 21 with a results posting of 2-3 weeks after the meeting. You can see this information on the Navy's official website at https://applynavy.com/index.php/events/aviation-board-2/.
Look closer at the announcement, the dates aren’t even correct. That board has been cancelled and the website is not reflecting that yet. I promise I’ve asked every question you can ask and voiced every concern you can voice. I have saved any posting until I was absolutely certain. This is coming straight from the mouth of the commanding officer of one of the largest navy recruiting districts in the nation. She is a commander.
As I said before good luck, but don’t be upset if your expectations aren’t going to be met in regards to the posted board.

Metromedic

Contributor
Look closer at the announcement, the dates aren’t even correct. That board has been cancelled and the website is not reflecting that yet. I promise I’ve asked every question you can ask and voiced every concern you can voice. I have saved any posting until I was absolutely certain. This is coming straight from the mouth of the commanding officer of one of the largest navy recruiting districts in the nation. She is a commander.
As I said before good luck, but don’t be upset if your expectations aren’t going to be met in regards to the posted board.
Im not doubting her credentials, but it just seems like every recruiter has a different story across the nation. The San Diego division says it's a go, yours says it's not. So who really knows what's going on. I just prefer to look at the board dates from NPC and just roll with what they say. I guess we will see what happens on 25 Jan.

As for the recruiting site, it matches NPC so I don't know really...