• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

PontusPilot

Contributor
I mean, she didn't say it was set in stone, my package's submitted already since December for whichever board convenes next....like, the possibility, however slim, still exists I guess. Moreover, we have already seen how NRDs vastly differ from one another, even though there was a board in January, there were recruiters that flat out decided to tell their applicants that they couldn't apply, so it seems to be to the discretion of smaller commands. I cannot leave my current job till September anyways, so for now I'm good to wait for the August board, and decided to stop checking this site so much, I feel like with all the rumors, plus the occasional troll (who can go straight to hell) making shit up, it just contributes to people's general anxiety....ask for help around here, but as soon as your package's in, I'd almost advice to forget about it in the meantime and focus on other things.
HELL?! Come on this is all apart of the journey to commissioning..

Mike D.

Contributor
I mean, she didn't say it was set in stone, my package's submitted already since December for whichever board convenes next....like, the possibility, however slim, still exists I guess. Moreover, we have already seen how NRDs vastly differ from one another, even though there was a board in January, there were recruiters that flat out decided to tell their applicants that they couldn't apply, so it seems to be to the discretion of smaller commands. I cannot leave my current job till September anyways, so for now I'm good to wait for the August board, and decided to stop checking this site so much, I feel like with all the rumors, plus the occasional troll (who can go straight to hell) making shit up, it just contributes to people's general anxiety....ask for help around here, but as soon as your package's in, I'd almost advice to forget about it in the meantime and focus on other things.

That's fair advice dude. Definitely a lot of rumors flying around-no pun intended...

With a 62 8/7/7...I'd say you probs don't have much to worry about. Only thing you need to do now is learn bravo knowledge inside and out because the candios are going to rely heavily on you to lead the class at the beginning (due to prior service) and you'll want bravo on the backburner so to speak.

exNavyOffRec

I’m wondering to what degree that rumor is an actual instruction from NRC vs discretionary decision making by various independent NRD’s. It seems like a lot of folks have gotten that same word from their OR’s so it must carry some weight, but at the same time, so many of us have OR’s that are aware that there is a board in May, haven’t ever heard about the rumor and will be submitting our packages for the May board regardless.
These would be the same OR's that said there would be no SNA selections on the last board so........

If NRC makes a decision it will be put out through formal channels.

123abc

These would be the same OR's that said there would be no SNA selections on the last board so........

If NRC makes a decision it will be put out through formal channels.

I agree. As much as It makes sense for them to only review active duty applicants, surprisingly we haven’t seen a lot. With there being around 20 active duty apps per board It wouldn’t make sense for them to convene for only active duty applicants.

WannaFlyHigh

I'm mentally preparing for an August 2nd board so I'm hunkering down for the long haul. I submitted my end of the application to my recruiter today and am waiting on 1 more LOR. Just hoping my recruiter only submits for SNA and not both SNA and NFO like what happened to a few guys last board.

123abc

I'm mentally preparing for an August 2nd board so I'm hunkering down for the long haul. I submitted my end of the application to my recruiter today and am waiting on 1 more LOR. Just hoping my recruiter only submits for SNA and not both SNA and NFO like what happened to a few guys last board.

If you look at the APSR you signed- section V will tell you the choices on your application.

If It starts with 139= SNA and if It starts with 137 = NFO

WannaFlyHigh

If you look at the APSR you signed- section V will tell you the choices on your application.

If It starts with 139= SNA and if It starts with 137 = NFO
That's weird. My ASPR instructions were to not fill that out as it was for Navy Recruiting Personnel Only.

Kyle42

Hey all,
Was looking for some insight on whether I should try to finish and submit my package for this board for SNA or wait till the August one because I could potentially raise my GPA to a 3.4, accumulate some flight hours, get a LOR from Navy Personnel as opposed to just academic, and build up more volunteer hours. However, after reading through this thread it seems that there's a lot of skepticism on whether non-active duty SNA applicants can even be selected and if the opportunity to submit is there then we should take it. Would you guys have any advice based on what I've listed below?

Age: 21, GPA: 3.27 BA Earth Science, ASTB: 7/7/7 OAR: 56, Waiver: Yes (hip surgery), LORs: Physics professor, an advisor I research with, will be getting one from head of my academic department or dean of my school, Extracurriculars: Honors Earth Science Organization, Astronomy Club, ~65 volunteer hours, one season of college football

NevarYalnal

Hey all,
Was looking for some insight on whether I should try to finish and submit my package for this board for SNA or wait till the August one because I could potentially raise my GPA to a 3.4, accumulate some flight hours, get a LOR from Navy Personnel as opposed to just academic, and build up more volunteer hours. However, after reading through this thread it seems that there's a lot of skepticism on whether non-active duty SNA applicants can even be selected and if the opportunity to submit is there then we should take it. Would you guys have any advice based on what I've listed below?
GPA is one of the ways you can bypass the 6 month waiting period between application to the same board so you should just submit now and then have a package w/ the various improvements ready to go in Aug just in case.

123abc

That's weird. My ASPR instructions were to not fill that out as it was for Navy Recruiting Personnel Only.

Mine was filled out I just signed It, but I read all of It first to make sure It was right and cross checked the “choices” with a quick google search. Your recruiter could have also filled It out later

Kyle42

GPA is one of the ways you can bypass the 6 month waiting period between application to the same board so you should just submit now and then have a package w/ the various improvements ready to go in Aug just in case.
Wow I didn't know that. That certainly is encouraging thank you!

Ruvo

Well fellas, my time has come, just found out my 20/25 in left eye isn't correctable. Gonna shoot my shot with intel. Wish all of you the best of luck, and hope to see you in the fleet some day!
My condolences man. With the scores you got on the ASTB, I'm sure you'll kick ass wherever you end up!