• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
remember that just because a waiver is approved to go to board that they may not "approve" the waiver at the board.

In the past it has been when the board meets that they will make the sweeping decisions.
shoot those guys might pick someone with the worst scores on the list because he is friends with his CO or cousins with a senator to. You know how that goes. Its so hard to guess what the board wants. Wish we had someone on the forum that had sat the board before

Triumph_MAC

You can only take from Peter to pay Paul for so long.

The numbers historically are fairly consistent, the last few times this happened the way they fixed it was to halt boards for the designator in question, they didn't even hold applications they were all sent back and told to redo and resubmit when they opened back up.

What will happen is some applicants will just drop out altogether, some will go for other designators, some will go to other services, and some will hang on.

The other thing they could do like before is anyone with a waiver will just get cut right off the top, wholesale cuts due to waivers, GPA, or ASTB have been a thing in the past.
Oh man, I have an age waiver and 5/7/6 for my ASTB. It’s not looking good for me if that’s the case.

exNavyOffRec

shoot those guys might pick someone with the worst scores on the list because he is friends with his CO or cousins with a senator to. You know how that goes. Its so hard to guess what the board wants. Wish we had someone on the forum that had sat the board before
I always wondered about that, but after seeing candidates with LOR's from family friends who were Senator's get passed over, or the nephew of a 2 star get passed over when he was trying to go into the same designator as the uncle I quit worrying about that, now all of them had bad GPA's so that leads me to believe they follow the same guidance no matter what.

I do know of a guy who had a recommendation from a 4 star he worked directly for get picked up LDO, of course the board members also worked for the 4 star, and it didn't hurt that the guy was shit hot and had near perfect GPA from college.

WannaFlyHigh

I always wondered about that, but after seeing candidates with LOR's from family friends who were Senator's get passed over, or the nephew of a 2 star get passed over when he was trying to go into the same designator as the uncle I quit worrying about that, now all of them had bad GPA's so that leads me to believe they follow the same guidance no matter what.

I do know of a guy who had a recommendation from a 4 star he worked directly for get picked up LDO, of course the board members also worked for the 4 star, and it didn't hurt that the guy was shit hot and had near perfect GPA from college.
define bad GPA. Asking for a friend

Mike D.

Contributor
Feeling rather disheartened by reading all these waiver comments lol...got a waiver myself for nothing major at all but it sucks to hear I might get looked over just for a waiver! Furthermore, I'm basically ancient at 28 yrs old-29 this month.

villo0692

Feeling rather disheartened by reading all these waiver comments lol...got a waiver myself for nothing major at all but it sucks to hear I might get looked over just for a waiver! Furthermore, I'm basically ancient at 28 yrs old-29 this month.
relax man, nobody says its going to happen for sure, only that its happened in the past....does not mean you'll be given a DNR or anything like that, worst case scenario you can apply at a latter board, you still got 3 more years to make it if that's what you really wanna do....my advice, don't read too much into anything that's said here rn or you'll drive yourself f-ing mad.....CNRC makes all the final decisions at the end of the day