• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

TyD1e

That's kind of what I meant when I said full. I'm assuming that if they decide they want 30 new pilots, and they have 200 applicants, they cap the number of applicants competing for those slots and push the rest of them to a later board. I'm basing this entirely off of the fact that there were some applicants with very competitive scores who got rolled back in the January board.
The only issue I could forsee with this is there would always be a large amount of rollovers at every board from here on out, meaning first time applicants have a 50/50 to even be at board the first time.

Mouselovr

Contributor
They could decrease the number of roll overs with each board. Also recruiting districts could stop taking new applicants/ not send applicants to certain boards

I'm fairly sure San Diego isn't sending anyone to this board as per their website not listing this as a board at all.

Last edited:

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
You could decrease the number of roll overs with each other. Also recruiting districts could stop taking new applicants/ not send applicants to certain boards

I'm fairly sure San Diego isn't sending anyone to this board as per their website not listing this as a board at all.
yes that's were the shut down would be 100%. we are not submitting anymore here until Aug board so June 25th submission and if anything comes out before then to hold again we will have to. Then the next cycle will be short and they will want and insane number to catch up because everyone will go Air Force or Marines and such and then we will need more. Its a Roller Coaster 100%

Mouselovr

Contributor
yes that's were the shut down would be 100%. we are not submitting anymore here until Aug board so June 25th submission and if anything comes out before then to hold again we will have to. Then the next cycle will be short and they will want and insane number to catch up because everyone will go Air Force or Marines and such and then we will need more. Its a Roller Coaster 100%
Ha! Well AF just canceled their board bc of backlog, high retention rates etc sooooo marines anyone?

123abc

If thats the case then the August board will have to be one of the most competitive boards to date. All May rollovers, January rollovers, as well as all first time applicants for August. What an incredibly unfortunate time to be applying welp

Historically May and August have a decent number of slots available, so maybe they’ll take that into consideration in August knowing they’ll have a lot of applicants and allot less slots to Nov/Jan. Just keep in mind even though It feels like an eternity it’s only a few months in the grand scheme of things if your packet is rolled.

exNavyOffRec

i agree. i think its like we talked before, they are trying to fix what they did to the numbers from stealing Fy22 quotas in FY21 and this board taking extremely small amount will get it back on track. also though i do agree with Ty above, that means august may be one of the most competitive boards ever or it may be one of the largest pick ups ever. Again here we are speculating.
You can only take from Peter to pay Paul for so long.

The numbers historically are fairly consistent, the last few times this happened the way they fixed it was to halt boards for the designator in question, they didn't even hold applications they were all sent back and told to redo and resubmit when they opened back up.

What will happen is some applicants will just drop out altogether, some will go for other designators, some will go to other services, and some will hang on.

The other thing they could do like before is anyone with a waiver will just get cut right off the top, wholesale cuts due to waivers, GPA, or ASTB have been a thing in the past.

exNavyOffRec

Historically May and August have a decent number of slots available, so maybe they’ll take that into consideration in August knowing they’ll have a lot of applicants and allot less slots to Nov/Jan. Just keep in mind even though It feels like an eternity it’s only a few months in the grand scheme of things if your packet is rolled.

Not really, when you look at long term they tend to be fairly even and here is why, hard goals for the current FY often don't come out until Dec to Jan, and by that time you are already in the FY, up until then they are basically hoping nothing drastically changes and it usually doesn't, this means that boards that are picking for the next FY (April/May to Jan) are speculating things remain ok but they tend to set an internal limit on numbers picked, so by late in the year they are getting close to the limit, then the hard goals are released and they will then fill up the remaining spots from Jan to April/May. This basically means the way the system is set up there is no real advantage to applying at any specific time of the year in a normal scenario, the only real variable is the number and quality of candidates applying.

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
You can only take from Peter to pay Paul for so long.

The numbers historically are fairly consistent, the last few times this happened the way they fixed it was to halt boards for the designator in question, they didn't even hold applications they were all sent back and told to redo and resubmit when they opened back up.

What will happen is some applicants will just drop out altogether, some will go for other designators, some will go to other services, and some will hang on.

The other thing they could do like before is anyone with a waiver will just get cut right off the top, wholesale cuts due to waivers, GPA, or ASTB have been a thing in the past.
i had a age wavier and i was told today it was already approved. So they didn't go that route this time we can confirm. unless you mean waivers from the street

exNavyOffRec

i had a age wavier and i was told today it was already approved. So they didn't go that route this time we can confirm. unless you mean waivers from the street
remember that just because a waiver is approved to go to board that they may not "approve" the waiver at the board.

In the past it has been when the board meets that they will make the sweeping decisions.