• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
Hello everyone. I am being told by my recruiter that the May 24th board is closed to civilian applicants and only open to fleet applicants. And that the next board is sometime in August. Can anyone confirm that?
I don’t think “closed” is the right word. Maybe tight on numbers and less likely for selection, but yea the Verbiage I was told was exceptional cases for this board. As In fleet applicants and amazing scores from civilians.

Mouselovr

Contributor
I don’t think “closed” is the right word. Maybe tight on numbers and less likely for selection, but yea the Verbiage I was told was exceptional cases for this board. As In fleet applicants and amazing scores from civilians.
Again, only rumors as far as we know. Last board, there were whispers of that too. Only big navy knows...... and even then, they don't know

GodSpeed1997

does the "at board" list come out a week before actual board happens?

also a friend of mine who did JROTC in UPenn mentioned that where you graduated as well as type of degree holds a little bit of weight in your application, don't know if anyone can confirm this.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
"Only big navy knows...... and even then, they don't know". Not to anyone specifically, but I'd love to see this phrase disappear.

It creates more misinformation. Big navy knows what it wants, and defines the criteria by which it will obtain it (Program Authorization, etc.). Big navy has the authority and responsibility to change those requirements as they see fit. Let's not compare the sometimes confusing selection process and never ending examples of misinformed people on a forum that do little more than fuel additional speculation, to big navy.

The big navy recruitment criteria and process (which is fairly straightforward) should not be juxtaposed to OR information (or misinformation due to OR speculation) which is then exaggerated and compounded on an open forum of other relatively misinformed people who love to get the latest rumor mill gouge. ?‍♂️

where you graduated as well as type of degree holds a little bit of weight in your application
No, not for aviation.

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor

also a friend of mine who did JROTC in UPenn mentioned that where you graduated as well as type of degree holds a little bit of weight in your application, don't know if anyone can confirm this.
I think that prolly holds the smallest amount of weight of anything in the packet, GPA maters but school eh likely not enough to make a difference

Mouselovr

Contributor
"Only big navy knows...... and even then, they don't know". Not to anyone specifically, but I'd love to see this phrase disappear.

It creates more misinformation. Big navy knows what it wants, and defines the criteria by which it will obtain it (Program Authorization, etc.). Big navy has the authority and responsibility to change those requirements as they see fit. Let's not compare the sometimes confusing selection process and never ending examples of misinformed people on a forum that do little more than fuel additional speculation, to big navy.

The big navy recruitment criteria and process (which is fairly straightforward) should not be juxtaposed to OR information (or misinformation due to OR speculation) which is then exaggerated and compounded on an open forum of other relatively misinformed people who love to get the latest rumor mill gouge. ?‍♂️

No, not for aviation.
Sorry. You're right, a better way of wording it is that its an evolving and ever changing process as a result of COVID. They know what they are going to do but things change.

exNavyOffRec

I have seen people with degrees from online schools like University of Phoenix get picked over people from much more prestigious schools all because the U of P had higher GPA.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Also got this back when asking about the March 1st supply results. Not sure what happened. I also got back a N for the SWO board in February, so not sure how I’m in SWO august board already.