• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone first post, I am currently active duty and a recruiter in the millington arena right next to NRC actually. I have just submitted a package for the may board. As I read through a lot of nerves of others with the board happening or not I find that hard to believe being this board scheduled for may 24 I believe it is is a selection for FY 21/22 so in my mind that doubles our chances? Someone correct me if I am wrong. I was told the FY 21 selections are all but full Takeing only very exceptional candidates (basically enlisted to officer packages or crazy high scores from civilians) but the 22 selections would be “normal” size.

31 years old
Active sailor
56 6/7/7
3.53 in Avaition
3 Ep evals
Interviews from 3 active pilots o6,o5,o5
Currently a PPL holder and instrument board ready
Package submitted today for April 9 deadline

It is unrealistic to believe that anyone from the May 24th board will be FY 21 given the average time it has taken for results to be released, and including the 2 week ROM prior to OCS. It is possible, but not probable.

Due to COVID they started putting people in FY 22 billets last Nov, so I doubt anything will be normal until FY 23

Enlisted applying are given no special treatment when it comes to aviation.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Got word from my OR today that they aren't looking at any SNA slots until October. Anyone else hearing that? I remember at the beginning of the thread people were talking about rumors like that. They still allowed my OR to submit my packet though so who knows. Not expecting anything though until at least October

Nvm just saw the posts above, looks like no one really knows whats happening lmao
Last board, they said no SNAs would be taken. This was false. While there were a higher % of NFOs picked up, they still took plenty of SNAs.

j.marlow24

It is unrealistic to believe that anyone from the May 24th board will be FY 21 given the average time it has taken for results to be released, and including the 2 week ROM prior to OCS. It is possible, but not probable.

Due to COVID they started putting people in FY 22 billets last Nov, so I doubt anything will be normal until FY 23

Enlisted applying are given no special treatment when it comes to aviation.
When I submitted my package, my recruiter recommended I add that I am ready to leave ASAP. He said that in the event someone wishes to back out of going to OCS that I would be one of the guys who could fill that spot. Think that’s an accurate statement by him?

slick99

If we were to get picked up, how long do you all think it would be until we get to ship out? it looks like a lot of people from the last couple of boards have been getting dates that are all over the place.

villo0692

If we were to get picked up, how long do you all think it would be until we get to ship out? it looks like a lot of people from the last couple of boards have been getting dates that are all over the place.
idk what you're applying to, but it seems that if you get picked up for NFO you'll ship out quicker than SNA, but like you said, it is kind of all over the place

PEFO Silver-Shades

id say selected NFO's will probably ship out Aug-Oct. whereas selected SNA's will probably ship out beginning of 2022

hossaq

Hello everyone. I am being told by my recruiter that the May 24th board is closed to civilian applicants and only open to fleet applicants. And that the next board is sometime in August. Can anyone confirm that?

PEFO Silver-Shades

Hello everyone. I am being told by my recruiter that the May 24th board is closed to civilian applicants and only open to fleet applicants. And that the next board is sometime in August. Can anyone confirm that?
just read through the previous posts on this thread. its all rumors and it depends on if your OR will/will not submit an application to this upcoming board

hossaq

just read through the previous posts on this thread. its all rumors and it depends on if your OR will/will not submit an application to this upcoming board
Thank you for the information! I was originally OCS Class 06-20 Golf company and got medically separated. Finally got cleared by MEPS after a year of waiting and calling NAMI everyday for 3 weeks straight. Hope I make it to this board!

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Looking at the trends I am thinking May to July. I say that because the classes seem near empty, I might be able to squeeze in. Again, that is speculation and carries little weight* until I get confirmation. I will shoot my shot for the June class, we shall see how it goes.

PEFO Silver-Shades

Looking at the trends I am thinking May to July. I say that because the classes seem near empty, I might be able to squeeze in. Again, that is speculation and carries little wait until I get confirmation. I will shoot my shot for the June class, we shall see how it goes.
Thats a quick turn around for offical results to be released when their board meets May 24th. thats why i was thinking Aug-Oct for NFO's