• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Sharkdiver

My recruiter was pretty confident that the April/May board wasn’t going to happen for SNA but since my package is finally submitted I’m going add my info to the spreadsheet anyway. I’m just glad my package is finally in after all the delays with my PRK paperwork.

ASTB: 60 6/6/6 (1st attempt)
GPA: 3.3
Major: Coastal Environmental Science and Biology
No prior flight experience.
PRK waiver.

Mouselovr

Contributor
My recruiter was pretty confident that the April/May board wasn’t going to happen for SNA but since my package is finally submitted I’m going add my info to the spreadsheet anyway. I’m just glad my package is finally in after all the delays with my PRK paperwork.

ASTB: 60 6/6/6 (1st attempt)
GPA: 3.3
Major: Coastal Environmental Science and Biology
No prior flight experience.
PRK waiver.
If you've read any of the Jan NFO/SNA thread, no one thought that was happening either. No one knows but big navy. Put what designation you want, bc no one knows what's gonna happen lol!

GodSpeed1997

Our board was a mess (in a good way). I remember logging on in the morning and have 10+ dms and 20+ notifications thinking...View attachment 30406
Point being... learn from our 300+ page crazy love story. Ride through the crazy and shoot your shot. Like @Mouselovr said "no one knows the Big Navy". Not even the Navy ?
? I was following that thread, and was really happy when people started hearing back with Pro-rec Y and OCS dates. Did you receive an OCS date yet?

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
? I was following that thread, and was really happy when people started hearing back with Pro-rec Y and OCS dates. Did you receive an OCS date yet?
Nope nothing official. I am just lurking and giving advice learned in the good ol' days lmao.

GodSpeed1997

My OR provided me with an OCS zoom/webinar today at 5PM EST. The speaker is going to be ENS Jenny Li, a newly commissioned officer to tell her experience and answer questions about the training. If you're interested in attending, hit my inbox and I can send you the zoom link as well as the password.

Also she gave me a large file that has very helpful info before attending OCS that could be helpful for anyone interested too, but I won't be posting it in here, if you want to take a look send me your email.

Sharkdiver

Yeah that January board was a mess ? I was trying to make that one but you know how MEPS is and I missed the deadline. My eye surgeon had to write a letter explaining about what types of measurements are and aren’t necessary for post-op PRK patients.

GodSpeed1997

Yeah that January board was a mess ? I was trying to make that one but you know how MEPS is and I missed the deadline. My eye surgeon had to write a letter explaining about what types of measurements are and aren’t necessary for post-op PRK patients.
I feel that ? I failed the DP test in MEPS twice but when I went to an optometrist I flew past that chart and passed it with flying colors. Same reason I couldn't make Jan boards as well man.

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
Hey everyone first post, I am currently active duty and a recruiter in the millington arena right next to NRC actually. I have just submitted a package for the may board. As I read through a lot of nerves of others with the board happening or not I find that hard to believe being this board scheduled for may 24 I believe it is is a selection for FY 21/22 so in my mind that doubles our chances? Someone correct me if I am wrong. I was told the FY 21 selections are all but full Takeing only very exceptional candidates (basically enlisted to officer packages or crazy high scores from civilians) but the 22 selections would be “normal” size.

31 years old
Active sailor
56 6/7/7
3.53 in Avaition
3 Ep evals
Interviews from 3 active pilots o6,o5,o5
Currently a PPL holder and instrument board ready
Package submitted today for April 9 deadline

villo0692

Hey everyone first post, I am currently active duty and a recruiter in the millington arena right next to NRC actually. I have just submitted a package for the may board. As I read through a lot of nerves of others with the board happening or not I find that hard to believe being this board scheduled for may 24 I believe it is is a selection for FY 21/22 so in my mind that doubles our chances? Someone correct me if I am wrong. I was told the FY 21 selections are all but full Takeing only very exceptional candidates (basically enlisted to officer packages or crazy high scores from civilians) but the 22 selections would be “normal” size.

31 years old
Active sailor
56 6/7/7
3.53 in Avaition
3 Ep evals
Interviews from 3 active pilots o6,o5,o5
Currently a PPL holder and instrument board ready
Package submitted today for April 9 deadline
most ppl who got selected last board have FY22 dates for their commission

PEFO Silver-Shades

Only means they go to OCS after July because 21 has already been allotted. doesn’t mean they selected more or less or board needs to convene or not does it ?
i think what hes saying is most people selected for this board will end of in the FY22. NFO's have a higher chance of being selected for FY21 but many if not all SNA applicants will be pushed to the FY22

kookylukey

Got word from my OR today that they aren't looking at any SNA slots until October. Anyone else hearing that? I remember at the beginning of the thread people were talking about rumors like that. They still allowed my OR to submit my packet though so who knows. Not expecting anything though until at least October

Nvm just saw the posts above, looks like no one really knows whats happening lmao