• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

jacobcvm

61 8/8/8

Some dude planked for 8 hours and this Physician explained how. Looks like he rolls his shoulders forward and arches his back basically taking all the load off his core and onto his shoulders.

Any testing rules against doing this?

Triumph_MAC

Some dude planked for 8 hours and this Physician explained how. Looks like he rolls his shoulders forward and arches his back basically taking all the load off his core and onto his shoulders.

Any testing rules against doing this?
You have to maintain a straight back. You can’t lift your rump into the air. You also can’t clasp your hands together and your feet have to be at least hip width apart. Shifting your weight onto your toes and then onto your shoulders definitely helps. That’s what I do and it’s works great.

Triumph_MAC

Good evening all!! As long as my ASTB retake goes well this coming Friday, I'll be applying for this board as well as the 01 June Supply board. The dream is to earn a commission, passion would be to fly. As long as I'm selected, regardless of the designator, the dream will be a reality.

AD HM1
ASTB: 45 5/6/5 (1st)
B.S.- 3.76, M.S. 3.81
LOR: O6-2, O5-1, O4-1, USMC O4-1
Appraisals: Pilots, NFO's and SUPPO's All 10's
CERTS: Project Management Performance Excellence, numerous USMAPS
Waivers: Age, TIS (Supply)
OCT 2020 SNA/SNFO- PRO-REC-N

Mouselovr

Contributor
Just noticed someone put their OAR score in the AQR column. Ed014/Jacobcvm, if you see this you might want to double check the spreadsheet!
They're such a good candidate that they offer 2 people in one. Adding a new definition to the SNA/NFO applicant.

GodSpeed1997

Long time from now, and I don't know if anyone knows any info about this, but what's the waiting time between graduating OCS and going into flight school in pensacola?

Busey96

Fellas, I'm stressing. Been working for so long with this recruiter to try and get all my shit together, but it genuinely seems like my OR is just pretty unorganized. Continually asking for things I've already sent him, not sending me things until the last minute, etc. I try to stay on top of it and communicate as much as I can, and I've completed as much as I can. All in all, here's where I'm at:

ASTB - done

APSR - done

MEPS - went, they asked for more paperwork regarding two scars I have from getting moles removed in high school, I sent them the paperwork, they asked for more paperwork, should be getting that from the Dr.'s office by the end of this week. Feels like it's cutting it real close, but I was only informed by my OR that they needed more info last week.

NASIS Security Check - OR sent this over last week. Not sure why the hell he waited until then to send it to me, but I've got it filled out and verified so I'm sending that over to him as we speak.

Has anyone else experienced recruiters that just seem so scattered? So stressed that I'm not gonna get it submitted in time, although who knows if this board is what it seems anyways. Worst case scenario I submit to the next board, but damn.

It doesn't help that he's a 2.5ish hour drive away. He also just informed me that I need to come in for a fingerprinting THIS WEEK. I work as well, so dropping everything to drive out there isn't easy. Shit is just so frustrating.

Last edited:

NevarYalnal

It doesn't help that he's in Richmond and I'm in Virginia Beach, so any time I need to come in it takes a 2.5ish hour drive. He also just informed me that I need to come in for a fingerprinting THIS WEEK. I work as well, so dropping everything to drive out there isn't easy. Shit is just so frustrating.
Sucks, did they not have fingerprinting at your MEPS? Got mine done after I finished with the physical exam portion at MEPS.

Busey96

Sucks, did they not have fingerprinting at your MEPS? Got mine done after I finished with the physical exam portion at MEPS.
I'm actually not 100% sure to be honest. I know they did the individual fingerprint to move me around at MEPS but I don't remember getting a full fingerprinting done there. Which seems pretty dumb in hindsight, why wouldn't they have done it there?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'm actually not 100% sure to be honest. I know they did the individual fingerprint to move me around at MEPS but I don't remember getting a full fingerprinting done there. Which seems pretty dumb in hindsight, why wouldn't they have done it there?
You should, a lot of people forget to run by that section and get this done. The medical personnel will tell you when and where to go for the medical side of the house but there's probably not a lot of people asking or checking to see if you got your fingerprints done.