• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

rtwodr

For those who got a Pro-Rec Y for SNA that has flight hours. How many hours do you have when you submitted your package?

j.marlow24

0 flight hours when I submitted. It really seems like they just wanna see 7s or better on the ASTB for the most part
I agree. I got rejected twice while submitting with a 45 5/6/5 with about 800 flight hours. This last board I had a 55 7/8/7 and got picked up. I also think the motivational statement has a impact as well, I changed that up for this board and it was way better than the one I was using for the past boards.

exNavyOffRec

I agree. I got rejected twice while submitting with a 45 5/6/5 with about 800 flight hours. This last board I had a 55 7/8/7 and got picked up. I also think the motivational statement has a impact as well, I changed that up for this board and it was way better than the one I was using for the past boards.
an 8 for PFAR makes it hard for them to pass you up, in general when you look at the stats going back several years 9 or 8 is almost guaranteed, 7 is decent chance, 6 is really iffy, and 5 is rare. One thing on what I have mentioned is that for a while 6 was the min.

Ed014

Hello all,

I took a break for a while from this site after hearing I didn't get in as NFO. If anyone can give any advice on this I would really appreciate it.I am in tough spot right now because I have two ways of approaching this November board. One way is keeping my scores and trying to get my PPL plus adding volunteer hours. btw This was my second attempt and don't think I have enough time to study material I haven't looked at in over 5 months to retake the ASTB. I wouldn't want to waste my final try in a rush with possible lower scores that I have to stick with.

The other option is to retake the ASTB and hope for the best.

Now there is another way I was thinking is if I just give this November board a try with my first option and if I get a no I will for sure retake the ASTB and by that time I would be studying from now until then.

What is concerning to me is can they reject me from applying to future boards if I get a no in the November board from too many times applying? If anyone or knows anyone who has been in this situation please let me know! Thanks!

Hello all,

I took a break for a while from this site after hearing I didn't get in as NFO. If anyone can give any advice on this I would really appreciate it.I am in tough spot right now because I have two ways of approaching this November board. One way is keeping my scores and trying to get my PPL plus adding volunteer hours. btw This was my second attempt and don't think I have enough time to study material I haven't looked at in over 5 months to retake the ASTB. I wouldn't want to waste my final try in a rush with possible lower scores that I have to stick with.

The other option is to retake the ASTB and hope for the best.

Now there is another way I was thinking is if I just give this November board a try with my first option and if I get a no I will for sure retake the ASTB and by that time I would be studying from now until then.

What is concerning to me is can they reject me from applying to future boards if I get a no in the November board from too many times applying? If anyone or knows anyone who has been in this situation please let me know! Thanks!

Honestly those scores don't seem bad at all. In addition, taking the test for your third and final time can be risky.. Especially if you havent studied in over 5 months. I think getting your PPL would help tramendously, with that said have you condidered appling to SNA or do you strictly want to be an NFO? Volunteer hours can be tough to get. I personally became a vol. firefighter in two townships. I believe that helped me a lot with my application. I'm sure other people will comment their opinions but in the end it's up to you. Was this first first board you applied to?

Ed014

Honestly those scores don't seem bad at all. In addition, taking the test for your third and final time can be risky.. Especially if you havent studied in over 5 months. I think getting your PPL would help tramendously, with that said have you condidered appling to SNA or do you strictly want to be an NFO? Volunteer hours can be tough to get. I personally became a vol. firefighter in two townships. I believe that helped me a lot with my application. I'm sure other people will comment their opinions but in the end it's up to you. Was this first first board you applied to?

That's what I am saying. My recruiter said to keep my scores and get certified in something and add volunteer hours but if I am confident enough to take it for my final try then go ahead. I know getting my PPL will be pretty tough but volunteer hours shouldn't be that hard? I was assuming like volunteering through my church or something. Now being a volunteer firefighter sounds like it would be tough but good to put on an application. Yeah I want to strictly stay NFO but I have considered applying for both SNA and NFO to better my chances getting in. Yes this was my first board I applied to. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me haha.

That's what I am saying. My recruiter said to keep my scores and get certified in something and add volunteer hours but if I am confident enough to take it for my final try then go ahead. I know getting my PPL will be pretty tough but volunteer hours shouldn't be that hard? I was assuming like volunteering through my church or something. Now being a volunteer firefighter sounds like it would be tough but good to put on an application. Yeah I want to strictly stay NFO but I have considered applying for both SNA and NFO to better my chances getting in. Yes this was my first board I applied to. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me haha.

Yea I would keep those scores... But that's just me... Volunteering at your church would look good, just keep your options open but start on something as soon as you can, the more you do the better. If you do proceed on getting your PPL (costs about $8-10k) I would shoot for a SNA just because why not... As you said it can better your chances getting in. Just don't give up! Keep moving forward and don't let anything get in your way.

Ed014

Yea I would keep those scores... But that's just me... Volunteering at your church would look good, just keep your options open but start on something as soon as you can, the more you do the better. If you do proceed on getting your PPL (costs about $8-10k) I would shoot for a SNA just because why not... As you said it can better your chances getting in. Just don't give up! Keep moving forward and don't let anything get in your way.

For sure! I will keep on pushing! Thank you so much for the input! I really appreciate it!