• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

That's what I am saying. My recruiter said to keep my scores and get certified in something and add volunteer hours but if I am confident enough to take it for my final try then go ahead. I know getting my PPL will be pretty tough but volunteer hours shouldn't be that hard? I was assuming like volunteering through my church or something. Now being a volunteer firefighter sounds like it would be tough but good to put on an application. Yeah I want to strictly stay NFO but I have considered applying for both SNA and NFO to better my chances getting in. Yes this was my first board I applied to. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me haha.
If you want to be a pilot go for SNA, if either is fine go for both.

You may have been just been one that missed out on the cut, try again, if it is still a N then retest, I am guessing you had no waivers?

Ed014

If you want to be a pilot go for SNA, if either is fine go for both.

You may have been just been one that missed out on the cut, try again, if it is still a N then retest, I am guessing you had no waivers?

I truly hope that's the case and if I reapply with some efforts in getting my PPL and volunteering that would help me stand out a bit. I did not have any waivers. I remember reading at some point that if you get selected for SNA they sometimes change you to NFO? I am not counting on this if I get selected as SNA but I am just curious if this is true.

villo0692

I remember reading at some point that if you get selected for SNA they sometimes change you to NFO? I am not counting on this if I get selected as SNA but I am just curious if this is true.
if you get disqualified by NAMI from SNA but not from NFO, you MIGHT get switched. Also, if you fail out of the SNA pipeline you MIGHT get redesignated to SNFO. Granted this is highly dependent on other things, like if you are qualified for NFO, if the Navy needs more NFOs and even the nature of your SNA attrition (if that was the case)

slick99

if you get disqualified by NAMI from SNA but not from NFO, you MIGHT get switched. Also, if you fail out of the SNA pipeline you MIGHT get redesignated to SNFO. Granted this is highly dependent on other things, like if you are qualified for NFO, if the Navy needs more NFOs and even the nature of your SNA attrition (if that was the case)
This kinda makes me worry...got selected for SNA on this board. My vision was measured at 20/40 3 or 4 years ago at the civilian eye doc, but at MEPS they measured me in at 20/30 right and 20/25 left (didn't take a standard eye test though, I think they measured it with the auto refractor or something). Hoping I don't get up to Newport and get the NAMI whammy for vision barely over 20/40 lol.

Ed014

Thank you for clarifying!

Mouselovr

Contributor
This kinda makes me worry...got selected for SNA on this board. My vision was measured at 20/40 3 or 4 years ago at the civilian eye doc, but at MEPS they measured me in at 20/30 right and 20/25 left (didn't take a standard eye test though, I think they measured it with the auto refractor or something). Hoping I don't get up to Newport and get the NAMI whammy for vision barely over 20/40 lol.
I had the exact opposite experience. I’ve had 20/20 my whole life.

MEPS measured me 20/40 in both eyes. Still passed for SNA. Went to an eye doc to have the numbers double checked Bc I thought my eyes might have deteriorated. Turned out MEPS just did me dirty.
Still had 20/20 vision. MEPS just measured me worse.

I’d trust civilian docs over MEPS cause they don’t measure correctly 100%. If a civi doc told you youre 20/40 then you’re probably fine.

thesmith4

Does anyone know how many people applied for the May Board and how many got selected? I’m referring to SNA only. I’m just curious!

Ruvo

Does anyone know how many people applied for the May Board and how many got selected? I’m referring to SNA only. I’m just curious!
There were 94 SNA selects for the May board. You can find the at board list earlier in this thread to confirm the numbers, but I believe there was around 230-240 total applicants. So roughly a 40% select rate for SNA

villo0692

There were 94 SNA selects for the May board. You can find the at board list earlier in this thread to confirm the numbers, but I believe there was around 230-240 total applicants. So roughly a 40% select rate for SNA
there were 200 people on the May At Board list, and 94 got selected for SNA. which gives you a 47% selection rate. However, we gotta consider that not every person in this list was applying for a pilot spot. There were also some, that due to eyesight conditions only applied for SNFO, which brings the total amount of applicants for SNA to a lower number, meaning that the selection rate for the latter was AT LEAST 47%, probably a good amount higher, maybe mid 50s %

Mouselovr

Contributor
there were 200 people on the May At Board list, and 94 got selected for SNA. which gives you a 47% selection rate. However, we gotta consider that not every person in this list was applying for a pilot spot. There were also some, that due to eyesight conditions only applied for SNFO, which brings the total amount of applicants for SNA to a lower number, meaning that the selection rate for the latter was AT LEAST 47%, probably a good amount higher, maybe mid 50s %
Also, some people applied NFO only or 1. SNA 2. NFO or 1. NFO 2. SNA. As a result, it’s hard to give a definite number of the SNA acceptance %.

Giacoma72

Class date Sep 5th - SNA
I’m AD and my command wanted me out as soon as possible to open a new billet. So when my Skipper asked for the soonest date that was probably how.

nmclaughlin6168

Not sure if anyone from the 2 jan ship date is still on this thread but we have a Facebook group and it would be great to have as many people as possible to prep for OCS.