• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

NevarYalnal

I wonder if flight hours would count for CSOs applicants in the Air Force now....and if they do....why....?
aren't flight hours in general factored into the PCSM? so wouldn't matter what position you're applying for, if it's a rated slot (which CSO is) it would make a difference.

Snowprincess01

Alright, so I've lurked for sometime and I mean a little over a year.... I was supposed to go to board January last year but my recruiter got very sick, medically separated, and they had a hard time replacing him. Enter COVID! I wasn't able to get my post Lasik exam done until July. I then waited for MEPS to review my paperwork until DECEMBER. I also had a hang-up taking the ASTB as the credentials lapsed to access it here.....I'm praying to all the Gods, old and new to make it on this board as I just hit 31. At this point I'll be ecstatic to make it to a board even....

OAR: 50
ASTB: 6/6/6
BS Criminal Justice with emphasis in Homeland Security
GPA: 3.75
Prior Marine with flight experience (yes...they trusted a crayon eater to operate a plane...everyone was shocked)

I'm saving a second attempt for ASTB to resubmit if needed. I don't care SNA or NFO as I was told I'd never fly due to sight. I was slotted to be a Crew Chief in the Marines and got the "NOT CORRECTABLE TO 20/20" throat chop from Meps since my eyes were "Correctable to 20/20 +/- 2 degrees". Luckily I'm still technically in the reserves thanks to a last minute extension.

For those of you stressed about the ambiguity, unknown's, confusion, and contradictive information....welcome to your first encounter of military intelligence.

exNavyOffRec

Hello AW,

Second post here, I was going to submit for Jan board but I had to PCS earlier than expected. I just took my ASTB for the first time last Friday and was not happy with my result (Test crashed 3x, Stick cord came off during PBM). If I don't get selected, I'll definitely retake the test.

Applying: SNFO
ASTB: 44 5/5/6
GPA: 3.69 - Embry-Riddle
Major: Aeronautics
Medical: Approved waiver (ACL Surgery- 2013)
LOR: O-3, O-4, and O-4
Appraisals: O-4 (10s), O-3 (10s), Working on my 3rd one.
Evals: MP, P, EP
Awards: NAM 2x, Flag LOC, BJOQ and JSOQ
Flight hours: No experience.

With low ASTB scores, I can take some roasting.
I talked to our Navy Counselor about this APR board, and hopefully he can give me some answers based on what I have read through this board date.

Thank you,
Good Luck!
Continue to study and prepare to take the ASTB again, those scores are min with the new PA and it is rare to see people selected with min scores.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
My OR informed me last week that there’s new ASTB score minimums. It’s 4 for AQR and 5 for PFAR and FOFAR
That's true, but you have to consider the fact that reduced minimums don't mean an increase in selection for people with those minimum scores. It just means more people get a seat at the table. They should continue to study in the event they're not selected. I think that's the point.

exNavyOffRec

My OR informed me last week that there’s new ASTB score minimums. It’s 4 for AQR and 5 for PFAR and FOFAR
yep if his 5 is FOFAR then it is min, if his 6 is FOFAR than it is just above, either way getting accepted with 5 or 6 is lower chance, when you look at the overall data NRC keeps it is pretty clear it is a remote chance.

GodSpeed1997

That's true, but you have to consider the fact that reduced minimums don't mean an increase in selection for people with those minimum scores. It just means more people get a seat at the table. They should continue to study in the event they're not selected. I think that's the point.
True.. Also I thought there was a minimum gpa requirement before but when I asked my OR he said there was never a gpa minimum ??‍♂️

Ghost SWO

Contributor
True.. Also I thought there was a minimum gpa requirement before but when I asked my OR he said there was never a gpa minimum ??‍♂️
I believe some time in the recent past (A couple years ago) there was a GPA requirement, yes. When I first started the recruitment process in Fall 2019 the OR's thought at the time there was a minimum GPA to only find the GPA minimum no longer existed.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I feel that man ? my college GPA is shit. Def the worst part about my whole application.
I've seen people selected with lower. It's all about the Holy Grail of numbers we dub the ASTB. Is it a factor? Yeah could be, but it doesn't seem to sway much according to the Excel sheets that list applicants GPA's. You get selectees with the full GPA range. Even some with 4.0's are non-select...

exNavyOffRec

There has been a min GPA in the past, at one point it was 2.2 then it went to 2.5 then it went away but when it went away for a few years the unwritten rule was less than 2.5 you weren't going to get picked. They now just focus on ASTB.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Does anyone know what happened to the May board on the applynavy.com page? The May board is missing from their front page, but is still listed in their full board schedule. They just skipped to August

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Does anyone know what happened to the May board on the applynavy.com page? The May board is missing from their front page, but is still listed in their full board schedule. They just skipped to August
That probably means NRD San Diego won't be sending applicants from their NRD to the May board.

Ed014

Hello all,

First time posting on this thread, but I’ve been lurking. I feel a bit nervous on getting selected after looking at everyone’s scores. Lol
I provided all the documents my recruiter requested on 3/17 so he can submit my package.

Here are my stats:

Applying: SNFO
ASTB: 53 6/7/7
GPA: 3.02
Major: Computer Science
LOR: Air Force Staff Sergeant and current supervisor
Flight Experience: None

Thanks,
Good luck y’all