• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

villo0692

I’m pretty sure they can’t charge you the fee either right?
on a real note, if you mean some sort of penalty for ending your lease or contract earlier than intended, then no, you are not liable to pay that, however, you do have to make sure you pay everythig you owe up until that point...so make sure you ask many times to ensure that's the case....when I deployed to Bahrain in 2013 I used my relief act to cancel Comcast, and I guess there was a fee I didn't take care of, that I didn't know about and they didn't tell me either.....comes 2018 and I get a call from a collecting agency lawyer telling me I owe Comcast money....long story short, after being on the phone for 5 hours and making up new foul words....I paid like a 100 bucks and called it a day.....learn from my mistakes.....ASK

GodSpeed1997

you get a letter that holds the weight of a thousand suns and allows you to get out of your lease, yes.... a "relief act" thingy, I got one before each of my deployments
That’s what I figured ? my OR was saying that there was a clause where they can’t hold you responsible for rent and it lets you cancel your lease before leaving

WannaFlyHigh

Give your LORs a deadline. Tell them you need It by like 3/31 and kindly annoy them. I had to do that to all of mine. That way you can submit your packet at least by 4/1.

They’ll all put It off to the last second, so kindly say something along the lines of “hey if you could get the LOR to be by the 31st that would be extremely appreciated.” Then remind them again... and again.. and they’ll get It to you on the 31st haha.
I've informed them on/off since November and at this point I feel they hate me. Emailing them feels like I'm asking them for a million dollars lol.

villo0692

I mean, you gotta tread lightly with some of these ppl hahaha, I asked one of my old commanding officers, who has since made rank and it was pretty intimidating, not gonna lie....

123abc

I've informed them on/off since November and at this point I feel they hate me. Emailing them feels like I'm asking them for a million dollars lol.

I know exactly how you feel haha. I annoyed the crap out of mine, but all of my LORs know me well and knew that’d be a possibility of me annoying them until they did it.

If they’ve already agreed to write an LOR for you they’ll most likely keep their word, but wait until the last possible second. I asked my boss to get me my LOR by Dec 1 and she sent It to me Dec 1 at like 11:45pm. Maybe have a couple of back ups in your pocket if you can think of any.

123abc

I mean, you gotta tread lightly with some of these ppl hahaha, I asked one of my old commanding officers, who has since made rank and it was pretty intimidating, not gonna lie....

Oh I bet! Definitely makes you sweat a little haha.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I know exactly how you feel haha. I annoyed the crap out of mine, but all of my LORs know me well and knew that’d be a possibility of me annoying them until they did it.

If they’ve already agreed to write an LOR for you they’ll most likely keep their word, but wait until the last possible second. I asked my boss to get me my LOR by Dec 1 and she sent It to me Dec 1 at like 11:45pm. Maybe have a couple of back ups in your pocket if you can think of any.
Gotta love how people take a deadline and turn it into their own personal due date with little regard lol. Are you active duty?

123abc

Gotta love how people take a deadline and turn it into their own personal due date with little regard lol. Are you active duty?

No, I was rolled from the Jan board and asked my previous boss for the LOR. But I remember It being the morning of 12/1 and there was speculation that 12/1 was the “soft deadline” and I only had 1 LOR, so I had a mini freak out moment and bugged everyone one last time and luckily got them all back by “the end of the day” haha.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
No, I was rolled from the Jan board and asked my previous boss for the LOR. But I remember It being the morning of 12/1 and there was speculation that 12/1 was the “soft deadline” and I only had 1 LOR, so I had a mini freak out moment and bugged everyone one last time and luckily got them all back by “the end of the day” haha.
Lol wow... That's good, now you won't have to worry about it for this board thankfully.

Deegy15

Aviation Structural Mechanic - Safety Equipment
Hello AW,

Second post here, I was going to submit for Jan board but I had to PCS earlier than expected. I just took my ASTB for the first time last Friday and was not happy with my result (Test crashed 3x, Stick cord came off during PBM). If I don't get selected, I'll definitely retake the test.

Applying: SNFO
ASTB: 44 5/5/6
GPA: 3.69 - Embry-Riddle
Major: Aeronautics
Medical: Approved waiver (ACL Surgery- 2013)
LOR: O-3, O-4, and O-4
Appraisals: O-4 (10s), O-3 (10s), Working on my 3rd one.
Evals: MP, P, EP
Awards: NAM 2x, Flag LOC, BJOQ and JSOQ
Flight hours: No experience.

With low ASTB scores, I can take some roasting.
I talked to our Navy Counselor about this APR board, and hopefully he can give me some answers based on what I have read through this board date.

Thank you,
Good Luck!