• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

I've noticed Final Select letters for February SWO applicants are starting to roll out now. Assuming the turn around for this board's results are quick, anyone think it'll be seven additional months before our FinSel comes out, i.e. March 2016? Thoughts?

csabol

Seven months? I was told the turn around for SWO is relatively quick, as in a few weeks. People I know who applied for IW waited about a month and a half for their results, nothing close to seven months.

Phoenix19917

Seven months? I was told the turn around for SWO is relatively quick, as in a few weeks. People I know who applied for IW waited about a month and a half for their results, nothing close to seven months.
You're confusing being selected and being told when your going to ship to OCS... Pro Rec Y vs. Finsel .... finding out if you were selected or not Pro Rec Y or Pro Rec N will take around a week maybe less maybe more. Finsel well that's the long wait .

SWOALEXANDER

I've noticed Final Select letters for February SWO applicants are starting to roll out now. Assuming the turn around for this board's results are quick, anyone think it'll be seven additional months before our FinSel comes out, i.e. March 2016? Thoughts?

Assuming that 24 August is the official date for the SWO board, the average time to hear about Pro Rec is around 1-2 weeks, maybe more, maybe less. If we (hopefully all of us) are selected with a Pro Rec Y, then we will be in line to await a FINSEL. FINSEL (final select) can be as short as a month after receiving Pro Rec Y or much longer. On a personal note, I'd just be thrilled to receive a Pro Rec Y. Then I would be able to join the Air Warriors FINSEL purgatory, lol!

exNavyOffRec

You're confusing being selected and being told when your going to ship to OCS... Pro Rec Y vs. Finsel .... finding out if you were selected or not Pro Rec Y or Pro Rec N will take around a week maybe less maybe more. Finsel well that's the long wait .

good explanation, and here is a way to know if your in for a long wait or longer wait, in general boards up to Feb are for those that will be current FY selections, then the further you get away from Feb the selections become more for the next FY, so if you are seeing people selected in Feb shipping to OCS after say June then that is an indicator NRC is ahead on their selections and expect a longer wait.

@goldmanharry91 I understand your frustration. I don't think I've heard of a single person ever having a smooth ride through the OCS application and selection process. Some of us have been waiting for well over a year, some even longer. Be diligent in staying in contact with your recruiter and be patient. Remember that in the end this process is not about us but rather the needs of the Navy.

Pretty much this. November will be 2 years for me. I've hit snags at literally every step of the process. It took me more than two months to get a recruiter to even call me back. I was told by my recruiter to list SWO as 3rd choice before the last board. I was told that my packet was highly competitive for Intel (hint, it wasn't). I've missed boards by days because it took too long to schedule MEPS. I was kicked between three different recruiters.

You're very far from alone in your frustration, but that frustration is misplaced. Remember that OCS is a privilege. You're asking them to take you, train you, and place you in command of others. You're one of a great many people all asking for that same thing. Ultimately you need them more than they need you. You have two choices:

1. You walk away from the process.
2. You suck it up, keep going, and work with your recruiter as best you are able.

Everything else is peripheral at best.

SharkBait

That is pretty much it, but did you get a notification it was rec'd? if so they really won't notify you again unless there is an issue, this is a case of "no news is good news"
They said it was received 21st and on the 24th they notified me that I needed additional information that I supplied that day. With that being the cut off I wasn't sure if they were able to process it in time.

csabol

Ah, good deal. Thanks.

good explanation, and here is a way to know if your in for a long wait or longer wait, in general boards up to Feb are for those that will be current FY selections, then the further you get away from Feb the selections become more for the next FY, so if you are seeing people selected in Feb shipping to OCS after say June then that is an indicator NRC is ahead on their selections and expect a longer wait.

Excellent explanations all around, thanks! So, if I'm understanding you correctly: we could be in for a longer wait for FINSEL. This is indicated by the Feb SWO group being pushed into FY16.

RobertIII

NRC sent an email out to recruiters that 24 August is the SWO board, but I guess that's none of my business.

kermit-tea.jpg
This literally made me spit my 7and7 out! Thank you

Josh33

Has anyone started memorizing the big 3? General orders, code of conduct, and upper chain of command?

SWOALEXANDER

Has anyone started memorizing the big 3? General orders, code of conduct, and upper chain of command?
I know the Chain of command for the most part, I have to start studying to learn general orders and code of conduct, as well as other gouge items.