• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

RUFiO181, do you have any additional info on what is going on with this particular board, and why it has a specific date set relatively far in advance? My understanding was that SWO boards were rolling, and popped up whenever they had enough kits. Set two months in advance makes it seem like this is a scheduled board. Were they short on billets? Is this likely to be a board with a lot of billets to fill?

Anyway, I guess I'll join the other waiters.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
RUFiO181, do you have any additional info on what is going on with this particular board, and why it has a specific date set relatively far in advance? My understanding was that SWO boards were rolling, and popped up whenever they had enough kits. Set two months in advance makes it seem like this is a scheduled board. Were they short on billets? Is this likely to be a board with a lot of billets to fill?

No, it's a rolling board. NRC has determined that in the coming weeks enough SWO kits will be received to merit a SWO board.

Non-rolling boards are determined and released to recruiters up to a year out. We should be getting the board schedule for Fiscal Year 2016 (October 2015 and beyond) in the coming weeks.

Checking in as well! Just to add the limited amount of info I've gotten the last couple of days, my OR confirmed the August 24th date and when asked about what likely caused the date to be push back, he replied that it was because they made all selections for the current Fiscal Year...

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter

Chiming in here as well: Yes, it's a rolling board schedule but unlike what's "normal" for SWO boards, we haven't had a SWO board since early February so we are FAR past due for a SWO board. But given that we're late in the fiscal year, etc., it's not too big of a surprise. My opinion is that we were given a date to simply satisfy our angst for not having a board for so long. It will be interesting to see the selection rate given the large number of applications they will have after accumulating for over 6 months.

Anchors_Away

Checking in as well! So, seeing that most SWOs given a pro-rec in February are heading to OCS in October.. If we are chosen this upcoming board, are looking at an OCS date probably after Christmas?

That logic is supported by most post from the Feb SWO board thread and the FILSEL Purgtory thread, but there is some variation in the FILSEL dates that cannot be controlled

Chiming in here as well: Yes, it's a rolling board schedule but unlike what's "normal" for SWO boards, we haven't had a SWO board since early February so we are FAR past due for a SWO board. But given that we're late in the fiscal year, etc., it's not too big of a surprise. My opinion is that we were given a date to simply satisfy our angst for not having a board for so long. It will be interesting to see the selection rate given the large number of applications they will have after accumulating for over 6 months.

Seeing as how RUFiO said one of the reasons for the Aug 24 date was that NRC has determined that enough SWO kits will be received to merit a SWO board at that time, I take that as there might have been a shortage of applicants thus far. That's purely a hunch since I don't know anymore than what's posted here. Another promising sign for us is that the last SWO board held around this time in 2014 (October actually...) had a large selection, near 90% I beleive!

SWOALEXANDER

I work at NAVSTA Newport and see the new indocs come in all the time, haha! Working in this command keeps me excited and motivated to pursue that SWO life. Here's to hoping that'll be us soon! Stay motivated; that August date is coming up!

Gabby Lynn

Do anyone have any thoughts how how the selection might look for this board especially since they didn't have a board in over 6 months ? Do yall think there is a better or worse chance of getting picked up ? Curious about people's insight. Heard the last board had a huge acceptance so hopefully this one does too because I'm jumping in on this wait......good luck to everyone !!