• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

csabol

Thank the good Lord I was told about this...so far I've been told a board was held this past May and results for that board were posted in June. I was also told a board was being held 30 June and to expect results soon.

frenchr327

Hey guys I submitted my package to this board as well. I finally get what everyone was saying about this waiting. I check this site at least 3 times a day for new/old info. I found a couple of interesting links that are pretty informative. A couple of these were found on this site so I'm sure some of you have seen them, but I figured I'd post them anyways. I find that reading stuff like this helps put things into perspective (especially the first link), makes the time pass, and also pumps me up for OCS.

https://jorules.wordpress.com/

www.lukeswartz.com/nrotc/ensign_guide.doc (This is a word doc I think? If you google "From Midshipman to Ensign: A Guide for Newly Commissioned Officers" it's the first link.)

A Sea Story (Easy read hard to put down- I finished like 250 pages in the first sitting. Can buy it off of amazon, but it's cheaper on itunes)
itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/a-sea-story/id633178874?mt=11
amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Story-Officer-Candidate-School/dp/0985355417

http://www.navydads.com/group/navyocsdads/forum/topics/day-four-of-navy-officer-candidate-school (There is better one I found that I want to say has the same exact content plus more and a better format, but I can find where I saved it. If you want that one PM me and I can scan my printed version)

https://www.facebook.com/OTCNewport (OTC facebook. Some cool pictures if you're interested in seeing what it looks like)

Lastly, to those looking for info on last swo board I suggest looking at the "official" thread for it. I think that the exact numbers are posted on there... I know it was something crazy like 98% were selected. Hopefully we get the same!

Gabby Lynn

So does anyone know what it looked like before and what it's going to look like now since the 98% selection rate is wrong lol

exNavyOffRec

So does anyone know what it looked like before and what it's going to look like now since the 98% selection rate is wrong lol

In the Feb SWO board thread the actual stats were 59%, that is about what I would expect, but given the last board was in Feb who knows how many people are waiting, there are still SWO's waiting from the last board to get OCS dates.

Gabby Lynn

Ok I was just curious about that. I'm hoping this board looks around that number it would be nice. I know there might be a lot of people applying but who knows. also the people waiting for Ocs dates why would they affect us if they already got pro rec Y they are just waiting for a date. We are trying to get pro rec y and then the date comes later lol

exNavyOffRec

Ok I was just curious about that. I'm hoping this board looks around that number it would be nice. I know there might be a lot of people applying but who knows. also the people waiting for Ocs dates why would they affect us if they already got pro rec Y they are just waiting for a date. We are trying to get pro rec y and then the date comes later lol

It is because there are a specific number of spots per each FY, normally in Mar or Apr they will have a board to pick final people for the current FY and some for the next FY, that Mar/Apr board didn't happen, and the next one is in Aug so that means they went deep into FY 16 due to maybe goal reduction, OCS redesignations, or something else, either way NRC normally doesn't go that deep into an FY with SWO/Pilot/NFO.

A crude example, NRC has 200 hamburgers per FY to give out, those waiting on FS already ordered so those hamburgers are gone, that means NRC only has a certain number of hamburgers left

SWOALEXANDER

It is because there are a specific number of spots per each FY, normally in Mar or Apr they will have a board to pick final people for the current FY and some for the next FY, that Mar/Apr board didn't happen, and the next one is in Aug so that means they went deep into FY 16 due to maybe goal reduction, OCS redesignations, or something else, either way NRC normally doesn't go that deep into an FY with SWO/Pilot/NFO.

A crude example, NRC has 200 hamburgers per FY to give out, those waiting on FS already ordered so those hamburgers are gone, that means NRC only has a certain number of hamburgers left

How deep are we talking? I would suppose that would mean a lower selection rate for this board @NavyOffRec ?

exNavyOffRec

How deep are we talking? I would suppose that would mean a lower selection rate for this board @NavyOffRec ?

hard to say, sometimes NRC puts out info that will have FY billets available, how many have graduated OCS, how many are awaiting FS letters, and how many are awaiting board, but that is a report that they don't have to release.

Brooksssiiieee

Ok, question. So if we are chosen 24 Aug, does our recruiter let us know, or is a letter sent to our address? I'm living the hippy life currently and move quite often. Just curious :)